Secrets to taking pretty pics...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love hearing about the tricks and techniques people use to make a snapshot really pop. For me, I like turning voice on and tapping my mic to activate the lipsync feature that moves an avatar's lips, and sometimes even combining it with an emoter to get more less exaggerated looking faces/expressions. What's your not-so-secret secret?

Screen shot 2011-09-18 at 6.26.56 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-09-18 at 6.27.15 PM.jpg

If you want a pretty smile, make yourself a "smile shape". First, make sure you have a shape you can modify. No mod shapes are limiting you so much.

Make your eyes open wider. The default smile almost closes your eyes. You find this under Edit your shape>Eyes>Eye opening. I almost double this, if my normal eyes is 40, I go up to 70 or 75. Then go to Mouth>Mouth corner and turn them down a few points. This is not necessary if you already are at 50 or lower. But if you have a halfsmile already, the smile animation gives you a "Joker" smile. Save as "Smile shape" or whatever you want to name it so you can find it again. You might need to adjust it a bit, fiddle with the settings. Then you get a much more natural smile:

4399533818_2a2e1d3213_z.jpg

Remember to change back to your default shape after the photo is taken... Or else you walk around and look surprised, with huge eyes! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.