will secondlife use a GTX580 card

sparkles Sieyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

The GTX 580 will run SL quite well.........but so does the GTS 250.  You can certainly run a $450 plus card if you want but it's not necessary when a $100 card will do.  Sure you'll get high frame rates.  But what good is it to have each scene rendered 3 times for every scene your eye sees.  Bragging rights I guess.  But no practical reason for what SL is going to deliver with it's less than optimized user created content.

To each their own.

• Like 1

You don't really need such a beefy PC to run the card as a hefty power supply..........and to protect your investment a good cooling system (which starts with a well designed case). It takes a PCI express (probably 16 x) slot..........most computers today have at least one PCI express x16 and one PCI express slot. It's a double depth card so you will sacrafice the use of one slot (probably the PCI express slot). It also looks like it's a little longer in length than most video cards so make sure you have room inside your case to place it without having to cram your hard drive(s) over in a corner like I had to do with a computer I had and a GTX 9800 card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.