What inspires you?

Iris Ophelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm always looking for something to inspire me to put together a new outfit or take some pictures. Most of my inspiration for even modern casual looks actually comes from old fairy tales, which I tend to fall back on whenever I feel like I'm in a fashion dry spell.

So I want to know, where do you look for your style inspiration?

loli_019.jpg

• Like 4

Wanting to share the incredible creativity of Second Life, but also sometimes it can be a movie or tv show, a character within them, or just a sense of what I am watching. I also like to search for old magazine layouts, and though I never achieve those kinds of looks it inspires me to push ahead and do as much as I can with a post.

Great pics Iris :) 

xoxSasyxox

I think it varies for me a lot.  But always somewhere in the background it is music.  I always use a song I am listening to as my blog name (maybe that is a bit lazy as well), but usually my tone is set by the music I am listening to.  Although the actual desire to blog, and inspiration there comes from some thing that has caught my eye, whether it be on the feeds, or in a store...OR on a friend!  :matte-motes-tongue:

• Like 2

Pretty much anything: a great book I've just finished, a movie with kick-ass clothes, my favorite music artists, conversations with friends.

Oftentimes, it's the actual builds/environments in SL that inspire, as well. When I find myself wanting to take snapshots of a sim, I like including my av in the photo because it's a personal memory I'm recording, and that leads me to wanting to dress up my av for the location.

I agree with Iris, music is a huge inspiriation. Also the people in my life, both SL and RL, things they do, say, things they love and connecting to music, people often turn me on to new music. Colors too, I love color, certain colors and shades of them have certain feelings. You said fairy tales, that cool, but with me is legends, myths and religious stories.

Since Ive been here, what inspires me the most is my students, when I teach a new one how to make clothing, and they acheive success, it inspires me to do more with my line, and also to inspires me to realize how much art is out there in others, I love teaching, and anyone wanting to come to my school, just drop me a line Shelly LeMay and ill get back to you with full details:)

Melanie774 Kidd wrote:

Pretty much anything: a great book I've just finished, a movie with kick-ass clothes, my favorite music artists, conversations with friends.

Oftentimes, it's the actual builds/environments in SL that inspire, as well. When I find myself wanting to take snapshots of a sim, I like including my av in the photo because it's a personal memory I'm recording, and that leads me to wanting to dress up my av for the location.

Completely agree, especially about the sims providing inspiration.  The builders and designers in here are incredible :matte-motes-smile:

Cheers to all!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.