Avatar invisible. Textures missing.

Lena Docherty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since today my avatar is invisible. Rebeaking textures doesn't help and i've also tried taking off everyting. I'm still invisible. Only eyes ans teeth are visible. Also to other users i'm invisible.

I've searched the support page but could not find anytging that would allow me to file a support request. I'm greatly disappointed that I seem to be left alone with sich an issue. :-(

What should I do now to become visible again or to at least get information about my issue?

I would start by visiting an empty Region like Smith or Voice Echo Canyon to make sure lag is not effecting anything. Then I would change avatar's and outfits by using (wearing) one of the complete outfits located in your Library folder. If or once you get everything rendering properly, I would slow add or change the outfit back to the one you want and try to determine what article is not loading properly. Viewing the Statistic Bar/page can sometimes offer clues as to what is happening (downloads pending).

I'm sorry but clothing is not my speciality, I like to build.

Edit: Your question might draw more attention in the Answers part of the Forum. This category is for Discussions about the Server. Feel free to create a new thread there, this Forum is a resource for all Residents to use.

It may be a server issue. It happens.

If it happens again I suggest you check your Alpha layers. Some outfits use them. When other outfits replace an outfit using Alpha layers they may not replace or remove the Alpha. You may have to manually take them off.

New Mesh replacement avatars may completely cover the avatar with an Alpha layer. Effectively hidding the avatar.

Some third party viewers (TPV) have a control to make the avatar invisible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.