Marketplace Listings not showing

jada Tigerpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I looked at the threads but couldn't find one that was exactly my problem.

For the past few days, my store is showing up empty.. However, when I go into manage my inventory, all the listings are showing as perfectly fine and 'listed'. 

I've had customers IMing me, letting me know my items aren't for sale on Marketplace unfortunately and I can't seem to fgure out how to fix this.

Any ideas? Am i just completely blind and am doing something wrong? Or is SL just teaching me patience.... in a very annoying way? :) 

thankyou muchly in advance!! [<3] 

jada Tigerpaw wrote:

Hi everyone, I looked at the threads but couldn't find one that was exactly my problem.

For the past few days, my store is showing up empty.. However, when I go into manage my inventory, all the listings are showing as perfectly fine and 'listed'. 

I've had customers IMing me, letting me know my items aren't for sale on Marketplace unfortunately and I can't seem to fgure out how to fix this.

Any ideas? Am i just completely blind and am doing something wrong? Or is SL just teaching me patience.... in a very annoying way?
:)

How many items do you have? I see 5?

gah, thankyou for replying! I guess it started working or something because before I had customers saying it wasn't showing up. 

It was a tad frustrating as I've just recently reopened and so had only been selling on Marketplace due to my lack of inventory. 

Hopefully the issue has resolved itself for good .. :/ Can only cross my fingers I guess.

[<3]

• Moderators

jada Tigerpaw wrote:

Any ideas? Am i just completely blind and am doing something wrong? Or is SL just teaching me patience.... in a very annoying way?
:)

Greetings!

If you have items that are showing as active on your Manage Inventory list that you are unable to see on your Marketplace Store, check the Maturity Ratings.

If your Manage Inventory List shows that all of your products are set to the Moderate Maturity Rating but when you view your store you own Maturity Ratings settings are to show only General Maturity Content, then you will never see your own items.

You must change your settings to show General & Moderate Content.

jada- Dakota is at least partly correct in this case.

After checking, it appears that the SLM forgets more easily than it used to when someone has been looking for mature items, at least on some browsers.

Your friends will probably have to be logged in as SL users in order to see your products at all because of the maturity ratings. If there any exceptions to this protocol, I will absolutely post this fact when I find it, and we can then ask LL why such an exception should exist. 

Of course, if everyone at LL really wanted people seeing your products (at least after being given the chance not to), they wouldn't be showing your store as empty; they would have a conspicuous BUTTON to show items hidden due to maturity rating.... wouldn't they?

Jada- more info:

I still don't know if buying listing enhancements would help you get around this problem at all, but that would seem to be one of two possible explanations for what I was able to observe.

The other possibility is that instead of just using words like "Pumpkin Kirtle", you could start to include the word "**bleep**" in the names of your items, such as by adding "without **bleep**", for example.

Again, only assuming that listing enhancement don't matter in this isssue, including the word "**bleep**" will allow people, depending upon how they search, to see your item as pictured, only being later told they may not view it without enabling adult search.

Compare needed click-thru on Google, here, for example:

http://www.google.com.co/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=google#pq=second+life+marketplace+**bleep**&hl=es&cp=35&gs_id=78&xhr=t&q=second+life+marketplace+pumpkin+kirtle&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=second+life+marketplace+pumpkin+kirtle&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=5c01d66594260e49&biw=1366&bih=643

http://www.google.com.co/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=google#sclient=psy-ab&hl=es&rlz=1C1SNNT_enCO408CO408&source=hp&q=second+life+marketplace+**bleep**&pbx=1&oq=second+life+marketplace+**bleep**&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=9391l14295l2l16852l25l18l7l6l6l1l355l2236l2-8.1l10l0&fp=5c01d66594260e49&biw=1366&bih=643

I guess LL needs to make sure Google users spend extra clicks to see your products as compared to what they need to do to see penises before being told they can't be viewed yet. 

Congratulations on producing items that are even more "adult" than an erect photorealistic **bleep**.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.