Mass Delivery Failure

christine Dufour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a merchant, however, yesterday I purchsed over $1000 (Linden dollars) of merchandise from the marketplace from various merchants, and nothing has been delivered. I have checked all of my folders, including Lost and Found.

I am using SL Viewer Beta version. Is it a glitch or is there some other problem going on?

How do I contact SL so they can deliver my items to me?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do appreciate it.

Unfortunately you'll need to contact the merchants and have them redeliver your purchases. Make sure the money was taken out of your account and send that info to the creator. Did you have more than ten items in you shopping cart? This often is the problem with failed delivery. Keep it under 10 items and it might not over load the system.

You can also file a ticket with LL. It will be faster I would think to just get the info to the creator.

ETA Also check your objects folder and recent tab.

Another thing I would add to the excellent advice above is to always be actually signed into the grid when you purchase things from the marketplace & make sure you are not in away mode etc etc. I spend a fortune there & can't actually remember the last time I had a delivery failure so I am convinced that the system for capping messages has a part to play in missed deliveries.

As a merchant I would very much encourage you to contact the merchants your purchased from first as most of us are use to these little glitches & its usually an easy thing to resolve. Any reputable merchant can easily find your transactions & speaking personally I am always very happy to resolve problems if I am able.

I hope you manage to get it all sorted, good luck :o)

In future it is usually safer if you do not use the shopping cart.  I rarely see single deliveries fail...sometimes they are painfull slow to deliver but least they get there.  However, the shopping cart fails regularly.  Even though we offer a selection of our products online, when I am the shopper I much prefer to use the online Market just as a search tool; then tp to buy inworld where I know I will get the item "now" not in hours

Paulette Parkin wrote:

Another thing I would add to the excellent advice above is to always be actually signed into the grid when you purchase things from the marketplace & make sure you are not in away mode etc etc. I spend a fortune there & can't actually remember the last time I had a delivery failure so I am convinced that the system for capping messages has a part to play in missed deliveries.

Yes definitely.

If you're offline and IMs are capped (happens quickly these days - includes IMs, group msgs, object deliveries) the magic box delivery will silently fail.

Also - if you're getting no SLM deliveries at all - check that you haven't accidentally muted a magic box in the past. Object muting is done by name - so if you mute one magic box, any others with the same name will be ignored as well.

I agree with not using the shopping cart, and I warn my own customers not to do it.

As Dakota has obliquely explained to me, the shopping cart sometimes processes orders more rapidly than magic boxes can keep up with it.

I have asked for well over a month to have the shopping cart function removed at least until direct delivery is implemented (which should fix this problem), but I have been told that this is pointless because direct delivery is "just around the corner". 

As no surprise to me, that corner is turning out to be a lot more insurmountable than anyone named Linden could have had the foresight to imagine.

• 6 months later...

Oh that's just tacky.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

christine Dufour wrote:

On second thought, I don't have time to contact 16 different vendors. I will contact SL for a refund.

Thank you for your help.

You actually just left terrible reviews and never contacted us.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

christine Dufour wrote:

On second thought, I don't have time to contact 16 different vendors. I will contact SL for a refund.

Thank you for your help.

You actually just left terrible reviews and never contacted us.

And apparently is not responding to you here either. *sigh*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.