Your first professional photo?

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to start this thread simply to point at some questions, like a little reminder, what to decide before visiting any photo studio and ordering a photo.

What I noticed is that some people are coming to the studio asking for a photo but they can't decide what kind of a photo they want (the usuall answer was "make me nice") then after seeing the final work, the reaction was "Its a nice work but I din't had that in my mind"... or something like that.

First of all, you are not the only client. Photographer usually has many photos waiting to be done and if you ordered one photo, don't expect 5 different examples so you can choose one you like and pay for that one.

It can happen that your choosen photographer is not available the same second you walk into the studio (maybe she's hungry rl or whatever lol). A little patience can make your final photo better:)

Good thing to mention is what you like/hate (if, for example you ordered a cute photo, it can come to my mind to put a little butterfly in your close up photo just to find out later you hate butterflies). Do you wan't to look smart, sexy, dreamy, dangerous, do you wan't your photo to burst with colors or you prefer few tones of one color?

Check the photographers portfolio. Ask for a link if you can't find one.

Say for what purpose you need the photo? Search through other photos anywhere on the web, I bet there is at least one you really liked and you want something similar.

I'm sure I'll remember more things but for now I leave to others to add their own:)

You said people are coming to the studio but they can't decide what they want for a photo...

If it is a studio there should be examples all over the walls of different themes offered, let them choose from those. If they want something that is not there provide that and add it to the collection for others to choose from.

I think it would be odd to go to a photographer in real life and have them suggest I go look on the web. They would provide examples to keep me there, keep me interested and to help find what I am looking for and get it made.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.