Parcel Separating?

Lichee1488303381

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone, Im trying to separate my sim into 1/3rds. Parcel separating is kind of new to me, I haven't needed to do it a whole lot, but I would like to give me land a facelift.  2 parts I want blocked off from public access and the last is where I would like to redirect traffic. So far I've gone into About Land: unchecked "Allow public Access" and also Region/Estate->Estate: unchecked "Allow public access".

I used an Alt to test this: he can't get into the 2 restricted parcels, but he's also blocked from teleporting into the parcel that has those two options set to "Allow". I set the mainland's (ie: 1 of the 2 restricted areas) Region/Estate->Estate's to Allow, and he's able to get into the Unrestricted area... but also the Restricted one :( what am I doing wrong?

Also, I've had it happen to myself before, if people use an old landmark to the restricted, how can I get it to redirect them to the Unrestricted area automatically? 

Thanks!

Well, if you disallow public access at Region/Estate -> Estate, it's not surprising your alt can't get to the permitted parcels.  You don't want that setting.

The mystery is why the alt can get to the access-restricted parcels.  The first thing I'd double check is whether there's anything weird about this particular alt and the specific access lists (and group) for the parcel.

For the other question, I think you may just want telehub routing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.