Let's Compare Notes on a Few Viewers

kurt7D8 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think that LL's Viewer 2.0 is very clean, with a nice mix of minimalism and functionality.  But, for me, it has one flaw that makes this viewer a deal-breaker: the failure of Profiles to load.  When I want to meet people, I IM.  I need to scan lots of Profiles to find likeminded souls.  Oh, I wish LL would bring back the rt. click pie chart that'd snap open in one second. . . 

For my OS MacX Snow Leopard, Singularity and Phoenix both crash constantly.  Too bad because Singularity's Radar is WONDERFUL.

Imprudence has good stablity and lots of Viewer 1.0 features and solves the Profile failure to load problem. But it's not as efficient with input devices as Viewer 2.0.

So I'm going to live with using two viewers: Viewer 2.0 for working around the house alone and Imprudence for meeting people . . . 

BTW, I was an "immersionist."  I was very distraught when LL removed full screen capacity.  A full screen without reminders of RL contributed to SL's magic. Imprudence has this toggle feature, but it has a glitch. My mouse cursor continually blinks or disappears.  I've used Apple bluetooth and wired mice and swapped out a MS mouse to no avail.  Too bad.  Maybe I'll check Imprudence forums for a solution.

I'd enjoy hearing some of your comments and experiences as well as suggestions.  Is there any strong third-party viewer that I should yet try?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.