why don't the f3-f8 buttons work when i try to role-play?

Donovan23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It might be that I don't role play but I'm pretty sure function keys are not assigned any specific functions for role playing.  In fact, I don't think functions keys are assigned anything for anything in SL.  I'm sure you can assign gestures and such but that's going to be something you must do with your key board............I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how though.

As Peggy says, you can assign your function keys however you like.  That's between you and your keyboard.  Same thing with game controllers, if that's what you want to do. As far as SL is concerned, there are no function keys.  After all, even though you might decide to play a game in Second Life, SL itself is not a game so we have no need for those things. 

As you'll gather from the other answers there isn't anything we can tell you, especially as you don't say which roleplay system, where, with whom and, most importantly, what you thought the function keys should do.

It's most likely that the people with whom you are roleplaying are using a set of gestures that respond to the function keys.  This is the way most yachts are sailed, for instance, in order to reduce the amount of typing required.

The best advice is to talk (OOC) to the people who run or participate in the roleplays that interest you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.