Parcel-full returns

Marishka Ixito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone knowledgable please explain what (most recently "changed") means in:

Parcel-full return sort order has changed: most recently "changed" get returned first, but still grouped by OTHER, GROUP, and OWNER in that order. 

(from the release notes for Second Life RC Magnum/11)

And also, why is it preferable to have this Parcel-full return order instead of how it used to be, i.e. to just have the parcel-full message when you try to rezz something beyond the parcel prims limit?

Doesn't this new method mean that if you accidentally drop something, you might end up with a neat 300 prims piece of jewelry rezzed and your house gone, just because of some "last change date"?

I'm not completely sure, but I think it's because what was called "Prim Equivalence", and is now apparently “Land Impact”, for mesh items can change quite a bit if, for example, you drop a script into a non-scripted object .    Since it's now possible to go over a parcel's prim limit without necessarily rezzing any more prims, a new way of returning objects is necessary.   

There is actually odd cases where objects can end up on a parcel without either having rezzed on it, or entered it from an adjacent parcel.

A second case is on regions that have a prim bonus set, and the region as a whole has somehow gone over it's shared 15,000 prim limit.

Third case; You downsize your amount of held land in a region, putting you over your combined prim limit. These three odd cases is all the system  you are mentioning is for.

If you try to rez an object on a full parcel normally you will still get the message "the way it used to be" as you put it :)

Well, for whatever odd reason, (I suspect it was because I had forgotten to set those objects to "group") I got stuff returned to me from a couple parcels when a renter rezzed some stuff over the parcel limit.

A lot of work to repair, and worst of all, some of what was returned (read deleted) was a couple rental boxes. Hurray :(

"most recently changed" means "modified(via edit), rezzed, or entered", and possibly moved/rotated/resized(via script) but I can't confirm that, you'd have to ask Oskar or one of the techs.

in general the order shouldn't matter, ass all within a category (other peoples stuff, group stuff, and owner stuff) do get returned if you use the land functions to return those, it's just that the most recent ones go first (so quicker performance recovery if cleaning up griefer junk).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.