i was editing my AO during the SL technical problems yesterday & it is now lost. Not in my inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

If you're really lucky, you may be able to get the AO back by rebuilding the local copy of your inventory. Clearing your cache manually will “cure” all manner of odd behavior.

1. Open Preferences → Network & Cache
2. Go to the first path “Cache Location” and click the “Open” button behind the path. This will open a file explorer window displaying your current cache location.
3. Logout (close the viewer) and then delete everything inside the cache folder displayed in your file explorer.

Now continue as follows:

1.Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Smith or Pooley). On your inventory window, click “Recent Items”.
2.Wait for your inventory to repopulate fully. The process may be sped up, if necessary, by typing random letters into the search bar.
3.While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. Talk to people or surf the web, or just go out for coffee
4.Watch as it repopulates. As long as you can see (Fetched…) at the top of the inventory window, it is still loading.
5.Once inventory has repopulated, log out of SL once more, then log back in.

BTW, this is why LL always puts a warning in the grid status reports, whenever they are doing server maintenance or when there is a reported problem with the servers.  The typical wording is "Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects, making in-world L$ purchases, and save all builds."  Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.