Item disappearing???

GenysisGwynn Nicoletti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

While I was out shopping this weekend and today, the strangest thing occurred, when I attempted to select an item for purchase the entire row, went white and blanked out; you could no longer visually see the item, although if you ran your mouse over the area,  you would still see info about the item? Is this an SL glitch or does it have something to do with my computer? I also should note, that its not frequent just sometimes, it didn't happen all day, until a moment ago?  Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know the cause and the solution? I thank you in advance for your comments/assistance..

GG

2 answers to this question

It sounds like your graphics card is having a hard time rendering new textures.  There are a couple of things you might try.  Open Preferences (CTRL + P)  >> Graphics >> Hardware Settings and UNcheck the box for Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO).  That feature is meant to speed up graphics rendering, but some cards have trouble with it, so it actually has th opposite effect.  The other thing to try, if that doesn't work, is disabling HTTP Textures.  Depending on which viewer you are using, that might either also be in Preferences >> Graphics >> Hardware Settings or in the Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D) menu.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.