Avoid being filmed

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd forgotten about that incident! It was pretty darned funny. She was playing a joke on the guy (who, as I remember, started the whole thing) and it was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that she was having a laugh at that sad nooblet's expense but, I guess LL didn't care for the humor.  :matte-motes-crying:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

it should be open to anyone..reallly i don't remember what all is on there..

You don't recall an ex-forumite 'charging' a dude 5K L's for gold access to her flickr account so he could see her avatar's boobs?  He got his L's back and she got banned.  

A very funny time.  

I still miss her.  She was always like a breath of fresh patchouli oil here.

Seriously, I really do miss her.

I am ridiculously not-shy in SL...I figure as long as my curtains are closed, I've done my duty to my neighbors to hide my nudity and any potential activities in my home ;) If they choose to cam through that and watch, that's their problem.

Good to know about that setting, though, so people can't see me if I'm at home and they're not on the property ^_^

If I had a skybox, I would greatly enjoy turning off "fly" and watching the noobs plummet....

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

I'd forgotten about that incident! It was pretty darned funny. She was playing a joke on the guy (who, as I remember, started the whole thing) and it was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that she was having a laugh at that sad nooblet's expense but, I guess LL didn't care for the humor.  :matte-motes-crying:

It wasn't just a boob-view access plan but a "Linden gold access" plan - for sale - with use of the SL logo...I think that's maybe what did it. I heard about it all afterward. I got Storm's joke right away, though.

Oh wow, I didn't know about her using the SL logo. Yep, abusing the Lab's IP like that will land you in hot water every time. Thanks for the details Melita.

To those still in contact with "D" please let her know that her biting wit is missed in the forums but, totally understandable why she chooses not to return.

ellerc wrote:

So, I just discovered the camera function and was able to see my neighbor up close. This concerns me as I am often nude @ home and would not wish to be have someone spy on me in that way. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

There IS a Function that informs you if anyone has thier camera focused on you. I used it Once, but didn't like it because it stopped ME turning my head to look at the people i was speaking to, or people who are speaking to me. It's a Trade-off, so Decide what you want.

Angel

Angelique LaFollette wrote:

ellerc wrote:

So, I just discovered the camera function and was able to see my neighbor up close. This concerns me as I am often nude @ home and would not wish to be have someone spy on me in that way. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

There IS a Function that informs you if anyone has thier camera focused on you. I used it Once, but didn't like it because it stopped ME turning my head to look at the people i was speaking to, or people who are speaking to me. It's a Trade-off, so Decide what you want.

Angel

That can be turned off in Phoenix (and in Firestorm too I guess). It's in the Preferences under Phoenix --> Page 1 --> Shields --> Broadcast camera focus point. Otherwise I would never dare to stare at somebody's butt (or any other spot on their avatar, for that matter).

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

To those still in contact with "D" please let her know that her biting wit is missed in the forums...

I am pretty sure it was one of her posts where I first came across the play on words using "assburger" for "Asperger" syndrome.  I type medical reports, and to this day I still laugh out loud when a physician dictates "Asperger" because it will now forever sound exactly like "assburger."  :matte-motes-big-grin-squint: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.