Avoid being filmed

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wildcat Furse wrote:

a good solution that will offer you more privacy is to set-up a skybox between 2000-4000 meters height which will stop people from camming in (because then they cannot find you anyhow) ....:smileywink: *meows*

Some very lonely and desperate (dare I say horny?) people don't shy away from flying up to a skybox if they see a green dot on the mini map. I used to work in a skybox above 1k meters before I had my homestead sim, and I was often IMed by nosy people who were hovering outside. "What r u doing, can I come in, u r prety" and so on. Quite bothersome.

Supposedly there were some new functions introduced in V2.8 that have not been widely advertised to allow for greater privacy on your own parcels.  Whether or not they are actually in effect and whether or not they actually work I do  not know.  But as I understand it, the point of this is to keep people from camming into your private residence.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Hiding-avatars-and-restricting-avatar-sounds/ta-p/999779

This relates to an upcoming revamp of "Adult" definitions and rules as well as clarification of some terms:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#What_does_.22behind_closed_doors.22_mean.3F

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official_talk:Adult_Content_FAQ#Behind_Closed_Doors

I hope this helps you and would be interested if any one knows more information on it myself.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

a good solution that will offer you more privacy is to set-up a skybox between 2000-4000 meters height which will stop people from camming in (because then they cannot find you anyhow) ....:smileywink: *meows*

Some very lonely and desperate (dare I say horny?) people don't shy away from flying up to a skybox if they see a green dot on the mini map. I used to work in a skybox above 1k meters before I had my homestead sim, and I was often IMed by nosy people who were hovering outside. "What r u doing, can I come in, u r prety" and so on. Quite bothersome.

i love shutting fly off on newb perves LOL

Wildcat Furse wrote:

I agree with your point Ishtara ... but some of those buggers even don't know how to bring up the mini or world map in which the chance that one of those will find you up in the air is minimal!!! :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

:-). That was me for I think at least the first six months. Only way I knew someone was around was if I could see them or their nametag. I remember one place I used to visit had a sign at the landing point announcing that the main entrance was '50 Meters North' and thinking, 'The hell am I supposed to know which way is north?'.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

oh ya i forgot about that...thats the new feature...does that work for cams also?

It does. One has to physically enter a parcel in order to see the people in it. Elsewise, they're invisible to cams. 

So when a person is banned from your property, they can't just sit outside and pervcam you. 

Dots remain visible on the minimap, though, and they (and you) can still be picked up on scripted radar stuff. 

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

Ha, that's awesome, Ceka! I'd never thought of doing that...now I can't wait to send a noob plummeting to the ground!

well you kind of have to not be that high up hehehe..if they can fly up 4k meters then they have flight assist..unless you detatch all their stuff..i have a rock n roll that does that lol

but if you are  where they can fly up you can do it..

i have had some that i think got land marks from someone  that got into my house before..

one guy was with some girl in my room..i turned fly off and set the  floor to nonphysical and then told them to get out..the second they stepped off it was  *SWOOSH!!* \o/ \o/ AAAAHHHHH!!!!  down they went :matte-motes-evil-invert:

i used to have this little funny dream about perves newbs that didn't know anything about SL.. this was when i didn't know ban lines had a roof lol

it was to set banlines on the ground and then have fly off and when they got close enough they woudl fall into my trap..

i had this funny image of lots of trapped perve newbs on the ground caged in my ban line land just begging for their freedoms from the evil woman above LOL :matte-motes-evil-invert:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.