'Pins' and needles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel like I am sitting on needles waiting for things to happen.

First and foremost, imo, is the need to replace rank pins with "PINS" of OUR choosing and NOT PINS of Lithium's choice, i.e., whack the ranking system.   This issue has been raised several times but no one seems to have answered.  LL pays Lithium for a software product that refuses to allow the community of members to be equal.  Ranks are not helpful to community building in SL; maybe for home depot, but not SL.   Of our own volition we come to SL where we have the wonderful freedom to apply "our world, our imagination," but on this forum we have to live with mandatory assignment of rank pins based on an algorithm that has no validity in SL forum life and that forces 'individuals' to live as our world, Lithium's imagination.

Lag on the forum sucks of late, too. 

Does this community have a say anymore? 

I feel like I am sitting on needles waiting for things to happen.

First and foremost, imo, is the need to replace rank pins with "PINS" of OUR choosing and NOT PINS of Lithium's choice, i.e., whack the ranking system.   This issue has been raised several times but no one seems to have answered.  LL pays Lithium for a software product that refuses to allow the community of members to be equal.  Ranks are not helpful to community building in SL; maybe for home depot, but not SL.   Of our own volition we come to SL where we have the wonderful freedom to apply "our world, our imagination," but on this forum we have to live with mandatory assignment of rank pins based on an algorithm that has no validity in SL forum life and that forces 'individuals' to live as our world, Lithium's imagination.

Lag on the forum sucks of late, too. 

Does this community have a say anymore? 

I have not seen ranks have any effect on anything. Well other then making people complain about the effects they are having... which, well see the first sentance. It's just a big circle of people beign angry about nothing.

It comes down to people being too defensive. They see someone game the system and think that person will unjustly get some godly power because of it. They are not getting anything, there is no effect of having some different thing by their name.

Firstly, I just have to comment on Wildcat's new badge - mrrreowwwwpurrrrrr :matte-motes-wink:

I don't take any notice of the ranking system, but as LL are carrying out one big people study, they have their white coats and clip boards and are taking notes.

Latest thing I've noticed is how many people are shooting up from the "bottom" of the ranks, with extremely expert advice. Methinks they are enjoying climbing up the ladder (climbing?) again, to see if they can get to "Helper" in 2000 moves or less.

Experienced people looking for help and advice and opinions on the forums already know who to trust. The newbies looking for answers to their problems really don't care two hoots who is a "C" or an "A". They just want advice and answers.

/me looks to see what I am. It appears I am a "C" - well, who didn't know that all along? :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I'm inclined to agree that LL made a wrong turn when they chose bowling as the theme for the forums redesign.  Really - bowling is isn't 3G let alone 4G.   I won't even get into the well know fact that chipmunks don't bowl.

.... well maybe one related question:  What is with the letters on the pins?   Can you even see them down at the end of the alley?   I don't get the point.

I agree Qwal, what's up witht the 'bowling' theme?  We need some answers.  

It's not that we've become complacent .. there are really serious issues that prevent us from engaging in this latest drama you're trying to whip up. For example:

1) I took one look at Wildcat's new badge and found that I couldn't think of a thing to say. That's a serious detriment to one that depends on higher thinking in order to write. I mean .. seriously .. talk about rousing the animal .. ROWWRRRR!

2) I was going to reply to your post earlier, but then as I started to hit reply, your badge blinked at me .. and I saw those eyes. OMG! Those EYES! Next I knew it was several hours later and I had drool running down my chin. (Not to mention burns on my fingers where my lit cigarette had been clasped)

So as you can see Storm, there are completely serious and heavily weighty issues that occupy us much more than bowling pins. Pfffttt .. get real!

*GRIN*

is it "complaisent" if I just don't care?

I decided to hack my pin color.... because I didn't want a red one... it's pretty simple to do.. post replies in "answers" till you get to the color you want, then stop.

besides, lithium is supposed to mellow a person, perhaps you haven't taken enough =D

Void Singer wrote:

is it "complaisant" if I just don't care?

<snip>

besides, lithium is supposed to mellow a person, perhaps you haven't taken enough =D

In order:

No.

I prefer quoting your words than snipping but I was admonished the last time I tried, I think, anyway.

As it states in my profile: "the avatar Storm is hyperactive and flamboyant, treat him with kindness." 

Storm Clarence wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

is it "complaisant" if I just don't care?

<snip>

In order:

No.

I prefer quoting your words than snipping but I was admonished the last time I tried, I think, anyway.

As it states in my profile: "the avatar Storm is
hyperactive and flamboyant,
treat him with kindness." 

cheer.gif

Just look at those eyes...says it all...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.