many inventory items do not work

Evanescent1488303507

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all  :)  Is anyone else having trouble with their inventory?  I have been for days now...

On all my alts, some of their items just do not show at all when I wear them.  If it's a skin that is bugged, my avs body, or parts of their body, is missing or black.  If its clothing, the av usually sees it on themselves, but when I look at them with a different av, they appear naked!

At this point, I dont dare change my clothes without an alt on to confirm that what I am wearing on actually shows! I have no desire to walk around naked unknowingly.   (When I do it on purpose that's another story...lol)

I have cleared cache, and inventory cache several times.  The number of items in my inventory is correct. All of my avs are affected, not just one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much, Eva

Hi all  :)  Is anyone else having trouble with their inventory?  I have been for days now...

On all my alts, some of their items just do not show at all when I wear them.  If it's a skin that is bugged, my avs body, or parts of their body, is missing or black.  If its clothing, the av usually sees it on themselves, but when I look at them with a different av, they appear naked!

At this point, I dont dare change my clothes without an alt on to confirm that what I am wearing on actually shows! I have no desire to walk around naked unknowingly.   (When I do it on purpose that's another story...lol)

I have cleared cache, and inventory cache several times.  The number of items in my inventory is correct. All of my avs are affected, not just one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much, Eva

I know your pain :( I showed up to an event the other night thinking I was fully dressed only to find out I was naked. I did figure out by moving the folder of outfit I was wearing out of the sub folders I had created and put it back in the "clothing" Folder I was no longer naked. Seems sl didn't read it from the sub folder ..So much for me being so organized...lol

I've done all the suggested things... uninstalled phoenix, did every kind of maintainence I could think of, and did a clean reinstall.  The issue persists.  Some of my inventory items are fine, others just do not show at all when i put them on.  I see myself fine, but my alts, and my boyfriend do not see many of my items when they look at me.  ALL of my alts are affected.

Is this an issue with the SL inventory server maybe?

• 1 month later...

Having the same problem. Problem persists - Viewer 2.9.4, Viewer 3, Phoenix Firestorm 3.0.1. I've switched outfits (both custom and default), edited appearance, rebaked textures, turned off hardware skinning, logged on, logged off, upgraded viewers, cleared cache, done clean reinstalls. The result is persistent (see screenshots below), which suggests an inworld issue (other avs see what I see). But it applies to my alt, which implies a client-side problem.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the textures being applied to my shape are just slightly off. It's as if I say "apply UUID xxxx" and instead it applies UUID xxxY.  The textures being applied are in my inventory, just not even close to the right ones. Could the data in the assetserver for my UUID have gotten out of whack somehow? Could my viewers be using a common cache on my PC that somehow got corrupted and yet won't respond when I clear it?

avtextureproblem-1.jpg

avtextureproblem-2.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.