Sign in to follow this  
LadyMare

i cant see my avatar all i see is an oval shaped for instead of my body

Question

Hello LadyMare and welcome to SL and SL Forums. If you see your avatar like a cloud or white egg, means that it is no fully loaded. At first be sure that your inventory is fully loaded. Move in a region with less lag, (protected lands like Smith or  Lime are recommended),  open it, write something in search there and wait fetching all items till the last one. After, try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat sometimes if it is necessary.

If it doesn't work try to change your badge (avatar's tag) or to edit your appearance and see if that helps.

If the problem remains test your avatar. In V3 is under Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female. If it works you will see again your avatar like a newbie but after you can change outfit wearing again your favorite one.

Start this way and keep in touch here leting us know if you fixed your problem or you need more help. You can anytime edit your post (Options --> Edit) adding more details.

Good luck.

4 answers to this question

I started to use SL yesterday morning and all was ok, i bought cloth and i was taught how to change my looks, but then at night all i could see was a white egg shaped kind of form instead of my body, is there a reason?

Hello LadyMare and welcome to SL and SL Forums. If you see your avatar like a cloud or white egg, means that it is no fully loaded. At first be sure that your inventory is fully loaded. Move in a region with less lag, (protected lands like Smith or  Lime are recommended),  open it, write something in search there and wait fetching all items till the last one. After, try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat sometimes if it is necessary.

If it doesn't work try to change your badge (avatar's tag) or to edit your appearance and see if that helps.

If the problem remains test your avatar. In V3 is under Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female. If it works you will see again your avatar like a newbie but after you can change outfit wearing again your favorite one.

Start this way and keep in touch here leting us know if you fixed your problem or you need more help. You can anytime edit your post (Options --> Edit) adding more details.

Good luck.