I cannot buy L$.

Andrea Curtis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have happily been buying L$ for years, but over the last few days, I have been unable to buy either through LindeX through my browser (my normal method) or inworld through the viewer. The last date on which I was able to buy successfully was 6th September. Since then, my attempts to buy are met with a message that they failed having "timed out". I have double-checked that my payment info is current, that my credit card has not expired, and that my credit card account is in good standing. I have even confirmed with my credit-card provider that they have not blocked any transactions on my account.

I am fairly sure that the problem lies somewhere in the payment gateway between LindeX and my credit-card company. I would open a support ticket, but as a Basic Account my options for doing so are very restricted, and none of the options offered seem relevant. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I have happily been buying L$ for years, but over the last few days, I have been unable to buy either through LindeX through my browser (my normal method) or inworld through the viewer. The last date on which I was able to buy successfully was 6th September. Since then, my attempts to buy are met with a message that they failed having "timed out". I have double-checked that my payment info is current, that my credit card has not expired, and that my credit card account is in good standing. I have even confirmed with my credit-card provider that they have not blocked any transactions on my account.

I am fairly sure that the problem lies somewhere in the payment gateway between LindeX and my credit-card company. I would open a support ticket, but as a Basic Account my options for doing so are very restricted, and none of the options offered seem relevant. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There has been issues with billing for the last few days as mentioned on the grid status:

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2011/09/08/post1397/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SecondLifeGridStatus+%28Second+Life+Grid+Status+Updates%29

It is now showed as resolved. You may clear your browser's cache and relog, or try another browser and see if it's working now for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.