Help! I foolishly deeded a parcel of mainland to a group that I do not own

Marina Monacular

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And now the parcel has been joined to another so I (a) do not know the original size or exact location of it, and (b) the group owner has disappeared for the last two weeks.  I am paying tier on the parcel.  I do not have the ability in the group to sell the land.  What will happen if I take my donated tier back...I think I can do that.  Is there any way I can get my original parcel back so I can sell it?

Thanks in advance for help!

And now the parcel has been joined to another so I (a) do not know the original size or exact location of it, and (b) the group owner has disappeared for the last two weeks.  I am paying tier on the parcel.  I do not have the ability in the group to sell the land.  What will happen if I take my donated tier back...I think I can do that.  Is there any way I can get my original parcel back so I can sell it?

Sorry to tell you but unless you can locate the group owner and they cooperate in returning the parcel to you your out of luck. UNLESS there are officers in the group with the authority to sell the land and they cooperate.  You can look in the group info under roles to see who has what authrity in the group.  If not,  I'd IM the group owner in case his IM's go to his email and notecard him too so he'll be sure to get your message when he logs in.

If this land is mainland or linden land and If the group owner won't cooperate take back your tier contribution.  If its on a private estate maybe the estate owner will help you out.  They can reposses the land and give it back to you if they think its justified and probably have a record of its location.

What others said.  Plus is you take back your tier donation, you don't have to pay tier any more.  It will be up to the group to find another way to pay for the land.

Still, you should contact them first.  You don't want to find out that Govenor Linden takes the land because the group doesn't have enough tier, only to have the group owner reply a few days latter telling you they were out of town for the week, so now let me look at...um, what land?

If you go the route of pulling your tier from the group, make sure you update your tier on your dashboard:

• First, pull your tier from the group
  • Then, browse to http://secondlife.com
  • On the left, expand Land Manager
  • Click Land Use Fees
  • Scroll down, check the numbers, and see if you go down any tier levels
  • If you can, don't forget to click Save Changes

You be billed at the old tier level for your current billing cycle.  It will be at the new level the next billing cycle.

Marina Monacular wrote:

I would give it a lot longer than two weeks.  In my experience, people are frequwntly gone a lot longer than that, but not permanently.  I have not been on for several periods longer than a month, all due to things in RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.