What is the most cliché break up line (or line of reasoning) you've been handed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Divorced in sl by email... You have been unpartnered..

Separated in RL by Text.. "Sorry,  you are not right for me"

"X, makes more money then, so started dating them"

"your a lesbian, and voted for republican?"                                           

JeanneAnne wrote:

Also, the time zone issue is a very real one. I have been dating someone from the Netherlands and someone from the west coast of the US in SL. I live on the east coast. Seems like none of us is ever inworld at the same time, which is maybe a blessing in disguise.

Makes organizing a threesome really difficult.

Randall Ahren wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Also, the time zone issue is a very real one. I have been dating someone from the Netherlands and someone from the west coast of the US in SL. I live on the east coast. Seems like none of us is ever inworld at the same time, which is maybe a blessing in disguise.

Makes organizing a threesome really difficult.

LoL Randall. No kidding!! :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

"I'm not good enough for you"

Translates as "I have found someone new"

"The difference in time zones makes it impossible"

Translates as "I have found someone new and she is on when my wife is out at Tai Chi class"

"I am feeling too tired nowadays to stay up for you"

Translates as "I have found some enew and she is on when my wife is out at Tai Chi class and she cybers like a warren of rabbits"

Kamala Dashuria wrote:

Harlett Daines
:

That is sadly really common. The question is, "Did they actually leave SL"? Nine times out of ten it seems that people take those words with a grain of salt and come back as an ALT. 

Cinnamon Mistwood
:

Those two are really good ones and almost always phrased in just those words. There is something about nonspecificity that people seem to like when breaking off a relationship (first or second life). I've never understood how leaving things unsaid and/or denying closure makes anything easier.

If we made a graph "It's not you, it's me" would be at the top! One would think that physical distance would make breaking up easier to do, but once invested..it is a whole different ball game.

This topic could easily be open to real life relationships, as there is really little difference in the sting (and emotions are hard to contain to just SL or RL, even if the relationship is only in one and not the other).

Awesome song! It's probably going to get stuck in my head now.

Perhaps the nonspecific is an attempt not to hurt the persons feelings any more than is necessary, and not an attempt to rob the other person of closure.   Sometimes, feeling do just dissipate for one and there is no specific reason other than just how they feel (or don't) and not because there is anything specifically related to you. 

Ima Rang wrote:

Perhaps the nonspecific is an attempt not to hurt the persons feelings any more than is necessary, and not an attempt to rob the other person of closure.   Sometimes, feelings do just dissipate for one and there is no specific reason other than just how they feel (or don't) and not because there is anything specifically related to you. 

Does this mean you don't like me anymore?

Well, the last time I broke up with someone, it was right after she'd convinced me to go on Skype with her.  We were both excited to finally see what each other looked like, after several months of romance in Second Life.

I think she said something like "Daddy?  Is that YOU?"

I turned off the computer at that point.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

Perhaps the nonspecific is an attempt not to hurt the persons feelings any more than is necessary, and not an attempt to rob the other person of closure.   Sometimes, feelings do just dissipate for one and there is no specific reason other than just how they feel (or don't) and not because there is anything specifically related to you. 

Does this mean you don't like me anymore?

Our mutual feelings for each other could never be disturbed.  :smileywink:

Kamala Dashuria wrote:

The subject is pretty self explanatory I think. Although I am willing to expand the question to have said, if you are on
that
side of the fence. Having literally just had a relationship ended on me the other day I found myself curious (rather than upset thankfully) on the matter.

Please no names, in whole or in part, as this post is for discussion and not to name and shame. You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.

"You're too good for me."

HATE that one.

However, any line is better than the worst way: The passive-aggressive, "how much of a jerk can I be to make them leave" breakup.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Kamala Dashuria wrote:

That one is cliché and not at the same time. In some cases it is used as an excuse or an easy out. However, sometimes it takes people a while to figure out what they really want. Better they told you as much rather than dragging it out, right? I know that guys can get pretty upset when a woman isn't in their "camp".

If people are having trouble figuring out what they want, they're often bisexual (if not always). But for some strange reason -- probably because of the politically correct "it's not a choice" mantra -- society has a harder time coming to terms with bisexuality than accepting gays. Bi's do in fact have a choice, and that is something even the most tolerant liberals have a hard time accepting.

Even some gays discriminate against bi's and claim that we're all closet cases in denial, like
. I've also had a gay friend tell me that he could never have a relationship with someone like me because bisexuals couldn't possibly be faithful, which perfectly fits the topic. It's strange that it should be the most inclusive and non-discriminating sexual orientation that almost everyone feels threatened by. 

Personally, I think that bisexuality is a lot more common than people are comfortable admitting. People who score a zero or six on the Kinsey scale are probably pretty rare. But so are people who score a perfect three and are equally attracted to both genders. The vast majority should be somewhere between either 1 and 2 (predominantly hetero but slightly bi), or, in case of people who self-identify as gay because they're under the impression that they have to pick a side, between 4 and 5. In the end, it all comes down to the level of attraction to individual persons anyway. Nobody is attracted to an entire gender group. I'm mainly attracted to feminine traits, but I'd nonetheless pick Eric Bana over Rosie O'Donnell
:P

I guess it depends on what people mean by choice.  We may not have a choice about whether or not we are attracted to a sibling's spouse, but we certainly have a choice about whether or not we act on it.

I don't have a choice about bi-sexuality.  The idea does not bother me at all as an abstract, but if I pause to ponder on the fleshy realities of the idea, I know I cannot go for the ladies. 

I think that it's correct to say that any particular aspect of an individual's sexuality is not necessarily something they have a choice over, or have ever had any meaningful opportunity to exercise a choice over. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you have every felt bad about being dumped in SL, just remember that the person on the other end is probably someone that would make you barf and you would kick yourself if you met them in real life, thinking of the nights you had your drawers down around your ankles while reading their words...

Oh yes, it would REALLY break your heart then.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.