Any good clubs? With people?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any good clubs to go to. Everyones says check the destination guide, but when I do that, I end up wasting time going to places with great descriptions that are empty! May be it has something to do with the time I usually log on, which is 9 pm sl times, after my shift in rl.

Any tips?

I am wondering if anyone knows of any good clubs to go to. Everyones says check the destination guide, but when I do that, I end up wasting time going to places with great descriptions that are empty! May be it has something to do with the time I usually log on, which is 9 pm sl times, after my shift in rl.

Any tips?

Ricky40 wrote:

Any tips?

I tend to follow my favorite DJs to whichever clubs they're DJing in, and not care much about which club it is. Since my favorite DJs are popular, there's usually a good turnout and even when there isn't, since these DJs are cool, the people who come to hear them are cool and fun to chat with and make friends with.

If you're solo and looking for someone to dance with, than popularity is the overriding criteria to maximize the potential for finding someone compatible to chat with. If you've found someone already, than popular is not so important and tolerable lag is of more importance. 

I think the OP's concern is with popularity and density of avatars, i.e., he's flying solo.

Yep, send tips to the places you like because 9 out of 10 new venues are failing due to lack of support for the venue.  This is a sign currently going up in some clubs I visit.

Some or most people think because they buy clothes or rent, that they are somehow supporting the entertainment in SL and therefore the entertainment side of SL should be free when in actuality they are not supporting SL entertainment by buying clothes or other items.  When you buy an item, it profits the creator of that item, not SL entertainment nor the club that provides the entertainment.

There are plenty of clubs with "people", it just takes time to find them.  Many are faltering though due to lack of donation support to help keep them running, so they stop putting on events, and eventually close. 

Mayalily, where do you get your statistics that "some or most people think because they buy clothes or rent, that they are somehow supporting the entertainment in SL ... " ?  I don't know anyone that thinks that.

I tip venus, musicians & dj's according to my enjoyment and appreciation of the services/talent they provide and I've never thought that money I spent shopping contributes to supporting SL entertainment.

Perhaps some clubs are failing because people don't find them entertaining enough to tip or they tip what they can afford to tip which may not necessarily be enough to keep the club up and running.

Just a thought. 

Hi Ricky, in addition to the suggestions you've been given, I personally use the in world search, Events and then click on the drop down and select "Live music".

You will be presented with a list and as you click on each one it shows the time, which usually starts with what's on now. It will also give a brief description of the type i.e. dj's, bands, solo singers and their style. You can decide what looks appealing to you and TP to it.

I only go to events on the weekends and they all have people at them. If I'm not into the style of music of the vibe I go back to the list and choose again.  

Just a tip, make sure you have your mini map visible before you TP as often when a venue is busy, you won't see people until you bump into them :smileywink:

I have to say in my short time in SL I've done nothing but trawl the Destination Guide looking for clubs that fit my criteria music wise, only to find that the people who hang out there are not my kind of people! I quickly realised there's a lot more to finding a great club than simply looking at what music they play. It's about the layout of the sim, popularity, whether they hold regular and interesting events, the friendliness of the people who hang out there and for me it's always nice to find a DJ who shouts out to clubbers and interacts with his/her punters.

So, on that note, I found the perfect place - Club Infuzion! You can find it if you type it into the 'search' box and then teleport straight there. The manager regularly DJs and the staff are very welcoming whether you're a newbie or an experienced SLer. Plus the owner just revamped the place and has done an amazing job, might I add :D

It's well worth checking out - as I said, it's not just about the music!

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.