Sign in to follow this  
Jacki Silverfall

Is there a way to delete your web profile?

Question

i don't think you can delete it i believe all the profiles are switching to web based though some tpv's do carry the old style profiles 
you can go in to the settings of your profile and change everything to friends only the feed lets you set it to nobody 

4 answers to this question

i don't think you can delete it i believe all the profiles are switching to web based though some tpv's do carry the old style profiles 
you can go in to the settings of your profile and change everything to friends only the feed lets you set it to nobody 

The only way to eliminate your web profile is to delete your SL account entirely and quit second life. Web-based profiles are an integrated part of your avatar's existance, whether you like it or not.

If you go to my.secondlife.com and set your Privacy settings so "Nobody" has access on the two "feed" options, and so only "Friends" or "Second Life" has access to the "About", "Real World", "Interests", "Groups" and "Picks" options, then other web services like Google won't collect data on your profile, and it will only be accessible form outside of SL via the my.secondlife.com website. If any of those options are set to "Everyone" then the whole Internet has access to that web profile data.

If you enter any data in the "Interests" area, they will spam you with "Recommendations" of people that you might like to contact, with similar interests.