Attaching shoes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im hoping someone can help by giving me some information about attachemnt points. Im working with a pair of shoes-straps around the ankles, sculpted feet, wedge heel- I have them attached to my feet, but once Im off the posing stand and move around, the shoes become disjointed from my legs. I've tried changing the root prim several times and reattaching but I just cant get it to come out right. I've made other shoes that I ddint have this issue with, but they didnt have sculpted feet. I'm missing something here. 

Any help?

Thanks so much

Hi Kandi

With shoes that have any form of ankle strap it i best to attach to the lower leg and hide the feet from view with an alpha. If the shoes attach to the foot which are also meant to have straps attaching to the leg, never work because the 2 body parts dont move as one and dont look right 

The only other way is to ue some kind of ankle lock script which fixes the foot so that it becomes part of the leg and moves with it.

Your other shoes were fine with the foot attachment becaue they did not quite reach the ankle.

Hope that helps

• 6 months later...

Why to use ankle lock script and add unnecessary load on sim resources?

Attaching shoes or boots to lower leg gives exactly the same result and works perfectly without any scripts.
One can hide the foot with alpha mask, so we don't see it poking through the shoe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.