Dumb Question: Changing AV Name

kurt7D8 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read this thread before your entrance into it. I revisited it when I saw on my Dashboard that a recent comment had been posted. I comment as I see fit where and when I so choose, Dogboat. If you don't like it, that's too bad, isn't it?

You stated "X." I stated that I had seen with my own eyes evidence to the contrary, consisting of your profile and that of your partner's, where the Display Name of "Mrs. Dogboat Taurog" (it might have contained special characters, but why quibble?) was prominent.

In response, you:

- bring up my "cowardly... snide... pathetic one way hate blog" which is "80% about [you]";

- accuse me of "trolling" (this from the master), attempting to "cause dischord" (sic), and stalking your GF;

- hint that the other "Mrs. Dogboat Taurog" is an alt of mine;

- cry that I'm guilty of "petty name calling";

- threaten me with "serious repercussions."

Care to stay on topic?

ETA: Yes, I referred to the main Forum page as my Dashboard. Sue me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Well, far be it from me to correct people's spelling. And you know I didn't spell it that way...

Is that really RICable? I heard that it was... Still hard to believe.

its too bad you are a troll, though i suppose you get special treatment, they call it positive discrimination.

as for this story about my GF using a display name up until 2 weeks ago?

well i told you once and ill tell you again, i cant see display names and i dont believe you anyway.

you are a stalker and a snide.

oh and i dont cry about anything, i;m sure thats more your style,

Special treatment. Really. How do you figure?

I don't care if you can't see display names. You said "my partner is happy with her SL name and doesnt need to change it to my surname" and "we dont use namechanges in SL and it hasnt crossed our minds to do so." But I know what I saw on your profiles and I'm no liar, Dogboat.

And if the simple act of looking at a profile makes me a stalker, then SL is made up completely of stalkers.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Special treatment. Really. How do you figure?

I don't care if you can't see display names. You said
"my partner is happy with her SL name and doesnt need to change it to my surname"
and
"
we
dont use namechanges in SL and it hasnt crossed
our
minds to do so."
But I know what I saw on your profiles and
I'm
no liar, Dogboat.

And if the simple act of looking at a profile makes me a stalker, then SL is made up
completely
of stalkers.

looking up Mrs Dogboat Taurogs on Google as you admitted earlier?

you are a stalker with a snide blog and have far too much time on your hands, thats not normal or healthy behaviour.

and as to what i said, that was the truth, i think maybe your spite and snide confused you, either that or you are a liar.

one or the other.

as for a spelling mistake well good for you, you scored a point, well done.

Penny Patton wrote:

Still others are simply crotchety old SL users who hate change, even when it's change for the better, and simply refuse to use display names. Those people need to get a life.

Penny, I'm neither crotchety, nor old...and I don't hate change.  But, your assertion that something is "for the better" does not make it so, because, "better" is a matter of perception. 

I will not use a display name, as I have no use or desire for one.  

Now, you suggested "those" people need to get a life. Well, since I already have a 1st life and a 2nd life...I think I'm all set there.  But, thank you for the suggestion.  *laughing*

Penny Patton wrote:

Yes, really it was necessary.

Again, you're stating an opinion...not a fact.  I disagree.  Not only was it unnecessary, it was deliberately antagonistic and condescending. 

Penny Patton wrote:

However, if I'm walking around with "Princess Sparkles" as my display name and you insist on referring to me by my username herpyderp5656
because you don't like display names
then you are being silly, petty, rude, stubborn and need to get over yourself.

Oh, my you deliberately post a rude commentary toward others...then try to justify it by creating a hypothetical situation...whereby the hypothetical "others' are rude?   Which by your logic..retroactively allows you to be rude here in this thread?   *Jeez Louise*   .

Penny Patton wrote:

And sure, there are people out there who make their display names illegible, in those cases use their username, or do what I do and make names up for them. In that situation THEY'RE the ones being difficult.

Ah, so again you're the arbiter of who's rude and who's difficult?   Guess what Miss Penny...we're all the arbiters of that perception. 

So, you decide what's best for you, and I, and other's will decide what's best for us.  Also, you might think about updating your tagline slams because telling people to "get over yourself"...it's very outdated.  Makes you sound like a crotchety old....well..you know.  ; )

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Are you for real? I'm called a stalker because I Googled something, but they're MY words. You need help.

P.S. I have ZERO interest in your "GF," Dogboat. Perhaps even less than I have in you, if that's possible.

THEN LEAVE US  ALONE AND STOP THE STALKING.

Go ahead and AR me if you think I'm "stalking" her (or you), Dogboat. I'm sure LL will sort it all out. The truth is that I've never had any contact with your "GF" and most likely never will, and the only contact I've had with you is here in the Forums, apart from those nasty one-way IMs you sent me. I dare you to prove otherwise.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Go ahead and AR me if you think I'm "stalking" her (or you), Dogboat. I'm sure LL will sort it all out. The truth is that I've never had any contact with your "GF" and most likely never will, and the only contact I've had with you is here in the Forums, apart from those nasty one-way IMs you sent me. I dare you to prove otherwise.

LEAVE HER ALONE.

LL ARE POWERLESS OUTSIDE SL AND YOU KNOW IT.

ONE WAY IMS? NOPE, I SPOKE TO YOU MAN TO MAN AND YOU DIDNT ANSWER,

YOU ARE A SNIDE AND A STALKER WITH A  SPITEFUL BLOG.

LEAVE HER ALONE.

If you're so sure that I'm stalking her outside of SL, report me to the police, Dogboat. Go ahead. THEY can sort it out. They'll laugh you out of the station house when you tell them that someone had the audacity to GOOGLE "Mrs. Dogboat Taurog."

I have no interest in conversing with you inworld, Dogboat. I have much better things to do. Save it.

P.S. A snide?

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

If you're so sure that I'm stalking her outside of SL, report me to the police, Dogboat. Go ahead. THEY can sort it out. They'll laugh you out of the station house when you tell them that someone had the
audacity
to GOOGLE "Mrs. Dogboat Taurog."

I have no interest in conversing with you inworld, Dogboat. I have much better things to do. Save it.

P.S. A snide?

LEAVE MY GF ALONE, STOP TALKING ABOUT HER. DESIST NOW.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.