Opinion on SL Premium Customer Service

kurt7D8 Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I' ve received valuable unpaid assistance from SL Residents on this forum.

The same cannot be said of LL's customer service.  I am paying $600.00 U.S. per year for tier, and I want better service than this:

A. My first request for help soon after I was born took two months to respond -- long after the problem had been solved.

B. Just in the past week, I spoke with Chat re: a griefer problem.  I was told "Fill out an AR." Duh!  I was looking for more advice and pointers in ADDITION to that.  I did file the AR.  Through the SL grapevine I did learn that a Linden was at my property and identified the griefer objects and removed them.  Cool. But I never received a response from my AR.

And this for $600.00??

wiked Anton wrote:

i remember when it only took a couple of days to get a responce to an AR, then they cut staff to boost profits......well, what else is new in the corporate world? however, there are other platforms around that are equal, empty and free.

Did they cut staff to boost profits or just to have a profit? Empty is the problem. Most people want somebody else to talk to.

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

[...] But I never received a response from my AR.

and you never will.

once LL recieves an AR it's between them and the person that was AR'd... if LL finds that it was valid, they'll smack the person down, if not, then nothing happens... but they will never tell you

I can understand reasons for that.  And I do know, from what others have said, that my case was resolved.  But short of that, how about a simple "This closes trouble ticket number X."  Instead of being left in the dark . . .

It was actually Residents who gave me information about what LL did in my case--but not the end result re: the griefer.

I just want simple communication.

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:Through the SL grapevine I did learn that a Linden was at my property and identified the griefer objects and removed them.

Seems to me you got what you payed for. Be happy they rectified the situation, and read the faq on how they deal with the issues

You could be more productive by just going on about your happy Second life rather than complain that LL did help you

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:Through the SL grapevine I did learn that a Linden was at my property and identified the griefer objects and removed them.

Seems to me you got what you payed for. Be happy they rectified the situation, and read the faq on how they deal with the issues

You could be more productive by just going on about your happy Second life rather than complain that LL did help you

if no-one complained nobody would know.

better to know than live in ignorance.

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

The same cannot be said of LL's customer service.  I am paying $600.00 U.S. per year for tier, and I want better service than this:

Please contact LL's customer service.  This is a SL Residents' forum.

However - if you are paying for TIER then you are, presumably, getting the LAND you pay for.  You are not paying for customer service (necessarily)

If you are premium - and therefore paying for customer service - then you can always cancel it.  No customer support, but no fee either.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

Please contact LL's customer service.  This is a SL Residents' forum.

However - if you are paying for TIER then you are, presumably, getting the LAND you pay for.  You are not paying for customer service (necessarily)

If you are premium - and therefore paying for customer service - then you can always cancel it.  No customer support, but no fee either.

he's probably fed up with having no feedback from LL, quite frankly i would be also for 600 $ a year.

my ISP costs less half of that and any problems they fix the same or next day.

On the 2 times I filed a ticket I got an email from LL saying that they closed them and if there was anything else they could help me with them it be ok for me to open another ticket lol.  But I at least got a reply both times /hehe(: 

On the 1 time I ever filed a AR on another real person who shot me with a cager I never heard back from LL ever.

On the 1 time I AR Governor Linden for not setting auto-return on her parcel next to mine and letting it turn into a junkyard, I never heard back from that either. But Someother Linden musta read it bc next day the parcel was empty and autoreturn was turned on. \o/

Only other AR I ever did was on a screamer object that was stuck on a 16m by the road. Thatother Linden must read that as well bc it was gone 3 days later. So \o/ again (:

So ya, ticket usually get some knda reply eventually. AR never.

I think is none of my business really to know what LL might do to other person based on my AR. Like what happens if I dont like the penalty? Big dwama me !!! I prob write them back a big moan about how sucky they are and how I been justice denied and how it made my pet fish sick as well (:

At the time that guy shot me I was quite new. If was up to me at the time I filed the AR I woulda permabanned him, his whole family incl his Nanna and their dog, and taken his cats off him if he had any. So is prob best is not up to me (:

sure, let have LL email you about every AR... and while we're at it, since they're doing all the extra work just to give you gloating rights, if the AR was spurious, they should ban the person filing it for at least a day too...

you know, to cut back on the pointless AR's they have to read through, so they can make time for emailing notices about it

Void Singer wrote:

sure, let have LL email you about every AR... and while we're at it, since they're doing all the extra work just to give you gloating rights, if the AR was spurious, they should ban the person filing it for at least a day too...

you know, to cut back on the pointless AR's they have to read through, so they can make time for emailing notices about it

pay me what LL gets from tiers each year and LL can email me as much as they like.

thats a promise.

im sure all businesses get complaints or problems, they dont ban their customers though lol.

i don't gloat btw, i think the backend and support of SL is dreadful and its only right and proper that its problems are not suppressed by people like you.

you already get an acknowledgment e-mail when you file an AR. the only reason you would need to know what specific actions they took against another user would be bragging rights....

but I'm agreeing with you, I seriously do wish they'd ban people for abusing the AR system, and if it gives them extra time to let the filers of valid AR's gloat, hey, why not.

but if you think I've any ability to "suppress" peoples complaints about that or any other portion of LL's workings.... all I can say is thanks for the promotion... do I get a pay raise with that?

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

I just want simple communication.

the day we get simple communication from LL is the day i head for the hills..because something is up..LOL

i will admit i haven't had any bad service as ar as customer service so far..

i can't speak for my fiance..but that was his typo that caused that..

as far as blog stuff and communication anywhere else ..ya it's not simple and i don't think it ever will be hehehehe

Void Singer wrote:

you already get an acknowledgment e-mail when you file an AR. the only reason you would need to know what specific actions they took against another user would be bragging rights....

but I'm agreeing with you, I seriously do wish they'd ban people for abusing the AR system, and if it gives them extra time to let the filers of valid AR's gloat, hey, why not.

but if you think I've any ability to "suppress" peoples complaints about that or any other portion of LL's workings.... all I can say is thanks for the promotion... do I get a pay raise with that?

you can have double what you are paid now for being on the side of a shoddy awfullly managed company. how about that?

sweet I get an imaginary two times nothing (imaginary because you don't sign my paychecks, and nothing because neither does LL).....

... and all for the minimal effort of pointing out that OP was wrong about one of his staements,that you chose to carry forward...

now my question is do I lose that bonus if I point out that I did not disagree with the general poor state of ticket responses? because I'd really like to keep it =P

Void Singer wrote:

sweet I get an imaginary two times nothing (imaginary because you don't sign my paychecks, and nothing because neither does LL).....

... and all for the minimal effort of pointing out that OP was wrong about one of his staements,that you chose to carry forward...

now my question is do I lose that bonus if I point out that I did not disagree with the general poor state of ticket responses? because I'd really like to keep it =P

yes all of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.