Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region?

Caprice Darkrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting this error message when I want to open an object "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region"

There are multiple objects in the object and I'd like to extract them. I have read through the posts and I see lots of reasons why this happens and lots of thoughts but no answer.

If someone knows how to extract the objects please let me know.

Answer 1: If a coalesced object includes Linden Trees, you will not be able to rez it on most parcels in SL and will get that error message.  Take a look at Torley's video on how to beat the problem >>>  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Video_Tutorial/Linden_trees_in_coalesced_objects

There are no Linden plants. Answer 1 does not apply.

Answers 2 & 3: Disable Scripts on your land and rez the items and sort it out from there.

I tried this on a "No-Script" Sandbox and on my private land with Scripts turned off on the Land settings. Same thing every time, "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region".

I read in the forums that I should contact SL Support and ask for access to the sim, "Unpackistan". I have contacted them and I am on the waiting list to have my ticket read and acted on. When I get a reply from them I will post it here because I see a lot of people seem to be having the same problem. I seems that it going under-reported because it is so difficult to solve.

The Second Life Support Team gave me access to Unpackistan and I was able to unpack my coalesced object and retrieve my items from it ! ! !

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

According to Maestro Linden's reply in the jira

This error message is sent by the server whenever an avatar or object tries to rez another object which has been blocked by the sim. Usually such assets got blocked because it took too long (longer than 15~30 seconds) to rez, and the sim thinks there might be something wrong with the asset (for example, that the object might be designed by griefers to ruin sim performance).

The blocked object should become unblocked after a few minutes, unless the rez attempt is repeated before the all-clear. Those of you who see the error at a constant interval are probably dealing with a rezzer that continuously attempts to rez the object, extending the block. If you look at the script error/warning window that contains the "Unable to create item .." message, you should see the name and region coordinates of the rezzer (this is true in Viewer 2.1 and 1.23, at least)The blocked object should become unblocked after a few minutes, unless the rez attempt is repeated before the all-clear. Those of you who see the error at a constant interval are probably dealing with a rezzer that continuously attempts to rez the object, extending the block. If you look at the script error/warning window that contains the "Unable to create item .." message, you should see the name and region coordinates of the rezzer (this is true in Viewer 2.1 and 1.23, at least)

So if it's being caused by  one of the objects trying to rez stuff, then taking it to a no-script sandbox and trying to rez it there might be an idea.    

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.