Can't log in. Can't open website.

Gwyn Sella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Upon attempting to log into multiple accounts on three different viewers I get "unable to connect to grid. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong." I then tried to log into www.secondlife.com to see the grid status because I can never remember the direct website. It wouldn't connect. It just kept timing out.

Through my hours of toying around I've figured out I can connect to any second life website that doesn't START with second (this one starts with community). I can log my account onto the marketplace. My account can be logged in from different parts of the country.

This has lead me to the idea that it's my ISP but I've spoken to them and they're screaming, "There are no blocks on your ISP on our end! There's no reason that you can't connect on our side."

Any advice or opinions on the matter?

4 answers to this question

Hello Gwyn and welcome to SL Forums. For the moment we haven't a report about the problem in http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ 

At first try to log in a different region. Protected lands arround (Smith, Lime, etc) are recommended.

If the problem remains other possible solutions are:

1)Power down your modem / router for some mins and after try again

2)Reset your router

3)Clear your browser's cache

4)Use a direct cable connection (if it is possible)

Good luck

I am having the same issue since Saturday. I have worked for 90 minutes with my ISP Verizon FIOS on this. I have done the following

Cleared SL cahe

Cleared all brower cache and have done disk cleanup.

Reset the factory setings on my router

Disabled all firewalls on my router, within Window 7 and on my Antivirus

I have just now tried to log into the Smith & Lime region and still could not get in.

I went to an internet cafe less then 5 miles from my house on Sunday and was able to get on SL

The last resort is that Verizon is shipping me a replacement router. I will switch my router out on Wednesday and see if that works.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe there is something wrong on Second life's end?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.