GM Meter Disabled

Jem Button

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I log on and run through a woods only to have some yell at me that I don't have a meter.  Well I had one but it disappeared!  So I run back to the meter dispenser and touch it.  I put the meter on and it says, "waiting on meter sync" and then " meter disabled."  So, I get rid of my old meters and touch another dispenser and the same thing happens.  What is wrong?  Did someone give me a trick object that is interfering with my meter?  This is happening in GM Combat areas (of GOR).

Please someone help me!

Well, I am not active in Gor anymore, but I see that no one has had a problem with the GM meter when I read the forums over at http://www.goreanforums.net/

It is probably just one of those unfortunate SL bugs that happens in the weekends, due to low maintance of the grid and more ppl logging in.

You can try to clear cache and log in to an empty sim and let your avatar and inventory load fully. That usually takes a few minutes, if you have lots of things (like me, hehe).  You have "Start at" on the bottom of your login window? Pick <Type region name> and then Hatton. This is an empty sim. Let your inventory load and try to attach the meter again, before you go back to the combat sim. I hope this helps!

False... I don't know what you mean with it. It is sort of standard help when the viewer behaves weird. 

You use the official viewer, not a third party viewer? Then you find the cache under Me - Preferences - Advanced - Clear Cache. Do it before you log in. And don't log in to the combat sim. They are often hard to load because it's many big textures and scripts all over the place.

• 1 year later...

çlick click click, c c c, spam spam spam... i remember GM. no skill... period. its who can button mash faster and who has the better computer. when Gor allows FFC (non-metered RP combat) Then I'll return to Gor. My computer just cant handle meter and I like ROLEPLAY... Not competitive gaming. competition betwèen factions on an OOC level destroys RP communities.

This might be the time for you to try out FFC and sèe what your In Character skill is like. If someone cant give and take maturely, then roll dice to solve the dispute. less competition means much more roleplay. to be honest, it isnt fair if some has a slower computer and no matter what simply cannot win. As a result, their computer makes them better or worse... especiallly in GM which does not accurately reflect lifeilike and realistic  combat.

Furthermore, since disallowing poison, women in "BTB" sims can't be the underhanded and deceptive bitchesthey are forced by Gorean culture to be. =/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.