Mesh looks different in world.

buubbleguum Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have started creating sculpted clothing in blender, but when ever i finnishe something, bake the mesh and view it inwold it looks different for some reason. In blender the Mesh looks "cleaner", but in world verticies have been moved around making it look "messy".

I have some images, if any one can recognize what is going on please let me know :)

Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 5.18.13 PM.png

The Mesh it blender ^

Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 5.20.27 PM.png

The Mesh inworld ^

Are you uploading the item you created as a "Sculptie" or as a "Mesh"?  If it is a sculptie it looks like you didn't select "Lossless Compression" when you uploaded the sculptie map to SL.  Here is a link to info about sculpties http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sculpted_Prims:_FAQ

If you are indeed uploading your item as a "Mesh" I can't help you there.  I don't know Blender to be able to tell you what you are doing wrong.

Hope that helps. :)

A sculpty can have only a maximum of 1024 faces and it's important none are wasted where they would not be on view. I'm not sure but your top looks as though it might have been created from a sphere. If this is so, then most of the faces will be at the poles in the centre, leaving too few to sculpt with.

I would begin with an 8x8 torus with 2 levels of subdivision. I would make sure to actually apply the subsurf modifier before saving the texture. And, as others have suggested, make sure use lossless compression is checked when you upload the sculpty image.

If you had also taken a screenshot of the mesh in edit mode in Blender so we could see the distribution of the vertices, it might have been easier to diagnose the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.