50% off new Premium accounts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You too can have a larger penii.  Get a thirty day supply of our magic pills for just ONE DOLLAR!   That's right folks, just ONE DOLLAR!   Regularly this break through formula sells for much more than this.  But we are so confident that you will love our penii growth pills we are willing to let you have a one months supply for ONLY ONE DOLLAR!

(but if you forget to cancel, you will never see your prim penii again)

ok, i hope i haven't got too carried away here.

but for you ladies, we do have breast enhancement creams

This offer was just what I need to get off my butt and go Premium. My one year rezday was Thursday and I have been thinking for a while that I should really, really be premium but I kept putting it off. Special sandboxes? They will still be there next Monday. Free gifts? Heck they will still be there next week. But this offer %50 ends Monday! Well what was I going to do? 50% off for three months... well it got me. Well that is all I have to say I got to run to get my free gifts play in the new premium sandboxes and find some land to build a house on! (btw I did look at the Linden Houses but I think I am going to buy land insteed.)

It took longer than the offer is available for me to set up a payment method when I went premium.

The thing about existing premium members is that provably, they can pay and are willing to do so.  Why not offer members who are renewing a premium subscription, the option to upgrade another account for two say thirds the usual price, the discount ongoing so long as both accounts are continuously premium? 

This kind of upsell would be economic for LL as any one person will probably not double their support needs if they have two premium accounts (nor triple their needs if they have three premium accounts), and there is plenty of land around for-sale/abandoned using up server space in any case.

Upselling extra premium accounts to existing premium members would likely have very low overheads.  Most account holders will probably not use any more support despite having more accounts "premium" (someone renewing a premium subscription probably has lower support needs than a new user who has not yet learned the ropes), stipend costs LL nothing, and there is so much free land around that LL would not need to increase server space to support the additional tier.

By only offering this to account holders who are renewing a premium account, it would off-set offers only made to new accounts/newly upgraded accounts (it would act as a loyalty bonus for those inclined to spend more while renewing their subscription, while also adding to LL's revenue).  Best of all much (possibly all) of the discount would probably be offset by the fact that any one owner of two or more accounts, is unlikely to double their support needs, and there is enough surplus mainland to support the additional tier.

Pamela Galli wrote:

when being Premium means you are putting your account at risk of being cancelled if you miss payments?

*Such as, if your payments lapse you will not have your account killed but will revert to basic.

I think they should fix that thing that wipes out an account completely if a payment is missed for too long or whatever. Most premium members/land owners have huge inventories, I'd hate to guess how many $$ spent.

Why don't  they fix that so it goes to basic instead or back to a free account. With inventory intact?

Melita Magic wrote:

I think they should fix that thing that wipes out an account completely if a payment is missed for too long or whatever. Most premium members/land owners have huge inventories, I'd hate to guess how many $$ spent.

Why don't  they fix that so it goes to basic instead or back to a free account. With inventory intact?

Well Rodvik has said they are working on this so I imagine with the new push towards getting premium members it will be done at some point.  But I agree that this needs to be taken care of.  Simply making it to where you lose your Linden Home and everything inside is jetted back into your inventory as you account is shifted back to Basic is the best way to go in my opinion.

in business a "billing cycle" is the period of time that generates one bill...so yes, it's only 3 months. it works out cheaper than yearly even for that low amount.... although optimally if you'd have gone yearly, then jumping on the quarterly, then turning around and going yearly after the first quarter would be the maximum savings over time.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Has Linden Lab clarified that Perrie? I would read first quarterly cycle as being the first four quartely payments. A 'cycle' is not a single event so If Linden lab meant a single payment, surely it would read 25% off the first quarterly payment and not quarterly cycle.

What Void said  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Looks like free money to me. If you accept the offer, you pay USD 11.25 for 3 months, and in return receive L$1,000 plus L$3,900 in weekly stipends for a total of L$4,900. At the current exchange rate of about L$250/USD, that's worth USD 19.60, so LL is paying you about seven USD to be premium for three months.

If you could scale that up and sign-up about 8,000 premium alts, you could make some serious cash for the quarter. What's that saying in Latin, carpe diem? Seize the day.

I agree with LL not deleting the account, is dumb to do that.

I think though that people should have to pay any amount that they owe before they can have access to the account again, even if is downgraded to Basic. Some people's RL changes on them sudden like they lose their job and just can't pay anymore so their account default. But later on they get another job and would pay owed amount to get account back, but can't bc the account been deleted by LL. Even more dumb this.

If I could have any extra benefit as a Premium member then I would like an acknowledgement every year on my rez birthday.

Like a present.

Like L$ be even better (:

300L on 1 year, 400L on 2 years 500L all the way up to 1000L on my 10th bday and 1000L forever after that. 

More even maybe (:.

And something from Rodvik on my profile wall saying happy birthday (: It be a bit like getting a fake autograph pic from a movie studio or record label but when I get them I put on my wall at home anyways (:

LLs just can't do right for some people.

Everybody's been complaining they need more premiums - so they set up a deal to recruit more premiums and people complain that they've set up a deal to get more premiums...

Do you complain everytime some store has a sale that the t-shirt you bought 3 years ago doesn't get a half refund sent to you in the mail?

Seriously... pathetic user community sometimes.

No wonder the Lindens seem to have given up on us.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.