What is going on!?

Daria Dye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First things first, I haven't been on SecondLife in a few months now. I'm running it on my iMac (Mac OS X). I downloaded the newest client a little over a week ago. Since install, I have not been able to teleport without crashing, buy linden in-world, failed to receive various purchased items in-world and through the marketplace, failed to view my profile in-world, and so on. I have already contacted the support hotline but my issue was swept under the rug and my case was dropped after I could not offer proper identification. I created the account over six years ago now, people. I'm ninteteen now, of course I lied. I'm willing to supply other forms of verification, but apparently that's not enough for Linden Labs? Anyway, I've read other threads where others are experiencing similiar issues but what I'm concerned about is...are the Lindens aware of this in full? Do they know a crapload of residents can't even log on? Are they working on this as fast as they make it seem? TICK TOCK LINDEN LABS!!

I'm sure LL is fully aware of the fact that people might be having issues with SL.  And I'm also sure that LL is fully aware that people, since day one, have been having issues with SL......it ain't nothing new. 

Here's the problem though:  More people do not have issues than people who do have issues.  There's a very good reason for that fact.  In almost every case, the people with all the issues are people with problems on their end.  Yeah, occassionally the servers hiccup and a viewer is released that just doesn't work but for a couple years now that is a very rare thing.  LL can't fix something that is not on their end.  That is up to the individuals with the problem to fix.  What have you done to fix your problem?  I mean really, what have you done?  Read the forums about other with problems?  I read the forums all the time and read about people having problems.  And when someone finally pins them down to a good discription of the problem they are experiencing it's seldom anything more than a driver needing fixed, a router needing reset, or some other maintenance that the person having the problem needs to perform on their machines..........or they simply have a computer that is not capable of running SL.

You got a problem then discribe it fully, explain what you've tried to fix it (if you even attempted to fix it).  We don't need to know that you joined SL when you were 13 years old.  We need some usful information along with some specs.  You'll be surprised to find out that someone here probably has had the same issue and fixed it.........they fixed it themselves by doing what they needed to do with their machine.  LL wasn't guilty afterall.

lol! Fourteen, I wasn't bragging, it was to inform you that I'm not an idiot. Isn't life about proving you have the right to do and say what you do? I knew i'd get someone to come in here telling me I'm some whinning fool. But sure, I'll desribe several things I've done in an attempt to fix the issues I stated before, if you're actually willing to help. I've installed, uninstallled, re-installed Second Life. I've contacted them as I said before. I cleared my cache several times. Uninstalled and re-installed again knowing it wouldn't fix anything. I read countless of of other threads on the same issues and most just end with...to be quite frank...some dumbass defending Linden Labs and that we should just suck it up because they're working on it. I think many of us have more than just the right to whine and throw some **bleep** around but what I was trying to do here was find someone who can help me with my specific problems. All of them, adress them directly, each one, to me.

Daria Dye wrote:

" ...it was to inform you that I'm not an idiot."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm glad you pointed that out to us.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Isn't life about proving you have the right to do and say what you do? "

No, that isn't what life is about.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've installed, uninstallled, re-installed Second Life. I've contacted them as I said before. I cleared my cache several time. Uninstalled and re-installed again knowing it wouldn't fix anything."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I very rarely uninstall and reinstall things, and never understand why people offer this "advice" so freely. It should be a last resort, although it sounds like you are at the end of your options.

The only advice I can offer you is to work on adjusting your attitude. You catch far more flies with sugar than with vinegar, and going around calling people dumbass or suckup just alienates people.

But you're 19, and got vastly more experience in Second Life than me, so what the bleep do I know?!

Carry on.

I can log in. You can't. Shame that.

Dear Daria Dye

You'll find that if you *dare* state that you are experiencing any problem with Second Life, you will be made to feel it is your fault because 

a) the responder to your post can log in, so what's the problem?

b) LL is probably aware of your issue, but others can login, so what's the problem?

c) just because you pay for the service you can't not use, you are still a whiner..becasue others can login, so what's the problem.

(the actual state of affairs seems to be LL is in no rush to fix this Mac issue. Three month have gone by without any official word or timeline as to when it will, if ever, be fixed)

But you can always come to the Forums for abuse from other users. That is free!

• 2 months later...

Hey there

This sounds like the EXACT same problem I am having.

-cant teleport

-cant receive items inworld (for example by touching an item, even though it seems to aknowledge my touch)

-cant receive items in marketplace i have paid for even though they say they are delivered

I don't want to create a new avatar and lose all the items i have amassed over a year. I have been also having this problem for about 3 months.I dont build or buy big items, just want to explore freely and enjoy SL.

If you have had any suggestions since this post i'd love to hear them. The replies to this post are maddening, becuase we need help and would like to enjoy SL again.

I am running on a macbook pro, late 2010 model. i have tried other viewers, same problem. I have tried going back to older versions of SL, same problem. I am hoping that with new updates, this problem will fix itself, but so far no luck.

-mary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.