A Special Thank You from one American to all people around the world who have built 9/11 Memorials

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I spent some time last night touring some of the 9/11 memorials and was brought to tears many times when seeing other countries who are showing their compassion and have done so since that dreadful day.

German build memorials, Canadians, Australians, the UK and many others.  We are so blessed by our allies and humbled when you honor our lost families and friends.

May god be with you all this weekend as we bow our heads in humility and honor for those who have stood by us and for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in this tragic event.

I still remember it like yesterday. Down here in New Zealand, the enormity of the event left us numbed to the core. Just the utter senselessness of it all. Words fail to adequately convey my feelings. I cried... we all did. It mattered not that we live half a world away... we all felt it deeply, and our hearts ached.

You are not alone in this anniversary. Hearts and thoughts are with you... From my corner of the world, and all over. Take comfort in that. We will shed tears with you.

Yes, thank you to all who observe this tragic day with even a moment of silence...we are all human and we are all part of this world after all.

Perhaps people could post SLurl and info on each 9/11 Memorial in Second Life as they find them?

There are some locations on the main page of this website, also.

Yes, thankful to see everyone from around the world at these tributes.

Sadly, it was only a few twit-headed Americans who acted ugly a few times, but everyone else told them to cut it out, this was not the time or the place to go in to their wild, America-bashing theories.

Though the main target, this wasn't an attack on just America;  It was an attack on civilization, freedom, and the sacredness of human life.  I share the OP's gratitude that people the world over realize this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.