what are meeroos and how do they work?

Cecilia Pallis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have been wanting to purchase a meeroo for a while now but i don't know anything about them. what i would like to know is how to purchase one and what not. i've read somethings about them like you need a nest, you need to coax them or what every that means, and food but really i don't understand any of it.

This is actually not the forum to post this in as it belongs in People>General which means it will more than likely get moved.

They are known as Breedables meaning you breed them in hopes of getting a rare one which sells for more money.  In all, it's structure is like a pyramid scheme.  Those who get in first make money while those who come in later when the market is saturated loose money.

You have to feed them, care for them and if all goes well after you have bought all the things you need, they will breed pets of higher value which you then can sell.

I have had little experience with Meeroos but a lot with the Horses.  It is fun though very time consuming and really no way to fully get your return on investment. 

I would also look into Cats as they seem like they have some pretty fun features as pets and not just breedables.

They are a breedables game and in SL there is a secondary market for collectors/speculators that covers over the fact they are basicly a pay to play game like WoW or any other game with a montly overhead. Because of the nature of the game having coats or traits that are rarer and harder to get some people are willing to pay alot of money to buy these virtual pets that have these traits. For a couple of years now in SL there has been a series of companies one after the other speculators invest in. Because the novelty wears off and the market gets saturated with the product those that get into the game first have the potential to make the most money before people move on to the next fad. 

That being said you dont have to approach this game expecting it to make you a rl income or even pay for itself on any scale. It can be just a game and is not terribly expensive to play on a small scale. Each meeroo costs 63 lindens a month to feed plus your prim costs. What you want out of the game is up to you. Just keeping a couple can be very rewarding they are well animated and very well textured and make super cute noises. If you have heard that the game is a way to make RL money or that the secondary market is strong enough to pay for all your game play then you might have come a little late to the party. There are over 2 million of the guys born on the grid since the game started so its not really easy to make money selling them on the secondary market right now. 

I am a avid gamer and have really enjoyed the product because of its complex genetics system, the fantasy aspects of its mythology and the fact it is not based on a real life animal and the beautiful art.

To play you will need a home that is non transfer and can only be bought from the companies store and a nest or live meeroo,  They are available on the secondary market for 50l or less (put meeroos into search and then take your time shopping around to find the cheap nests) or you can get a starter chest from the company that gives you random nests with basic coats. You also need food and a HUD, the hud is free and the food again comes from the company. You can im me in world and I can explain in detail how to get set up for the least investment and explain game mechanics more in depth if you like.

You don't need to purchase any unless you want to - I would be happy to give you some nests for free.

However!

I would stop by the forums there first and read before you sink too much money into it. 

There is a new contract in the works; be sure to read it carefully. Be sure to never take apart your HUD or any other item; everything is left click to work.

You will need a home stump and food for each meeroo. You can house up to 8 meeroo per stump. They must have compatible personalities to breed. It's best to make breeding pairs as alike as possible, at least to make a good foundation. Then you can begin to advance your line with 'traits' that the ordinary ones don't have.

Its secondary market has been very volatile. I have only sold nests from my 60L or 99L gatcha; nothing valuable has sold yet. Despite continually dropping the price.

SO just know what you're getting into fully beforehand; keep it to your budget; take a slow pace with it. It's very VERY easy to get in over your head, because there is always a meeroo that needs a mate bought for it in order to keep going with the game. (They don't breed with siblings or parents and making a match isn't always easy.)

Anything else just ask me in world.  I don't want to be negative here. I will end by saying that despite its expense and volatility and bank breaking nature, it IS a delightful pet to have in Second Life. The roos themselves are very cute.

Best of luck with it.

All I know about meroos is that I have a redneck friend who was sick of these things and typed "dead meeroo" in to the Marketplace, and found a low-cost BBQ with a dead meeroo on it.  Naturally he bought it, and it really smokes.  Seriously!  :womanvery-happy:  I laughed for a good ten minutes non-stop when he invited me over, all excited about getting into meeroo breeding, and saw his grill.

I know.  I have a sick sense of humor some times.  But hey:  I'm not the one that MADE the object!

Rabid Cheetah wrote:

All I know about meroos is that I have a redneck friend who was sick of these things and typed "dead meeroo" in to the Marketplace, and found a low-cost BBQ with a dead meeroo on it.  Naturally he bought it, and it really smokes.  Seriously!  :womanvery-happy:  I laughed for a good ten minutes non-stop when he invited me over, all excited about getting into meeroo breeding, and saw his grill.

I know.  I have a sick sense of humor some times.  But hey:  I'm not the one that MADE the object!

see now if I had the know how to code breedable I'd make a line of breedable cows, they work like regular breedables, but you can click on them and recieve milk and if they die then you can click on them and recieve sides of beef  (bonus if the milk and beef is spellfire enabled)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.