Payment info options changed for US residents?

Ceera Murakami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Woah! Good news! I was just looking at the Billing Information page, to check an answer that I was drafting for someone on the Forums, and it has radically changed!

New options for US Residents!

We can now save MULTIPLE billing methods, like having both PayPal and a Visa Card on-file, and can switch at will between them for :

• Making L$ purchases from the web
  • Making L$ purchases in-world
  • Increasing US$ credit
  • or for "Buy Land, Premium, recurring fees".

Four independant categories for what get billed!

And best of all, it seems they abolished the entirely arbitrary "five times in a lifetime" limit for associating a PayPal account with any avatar account, ever!

They used to refuse me the ability to put my Main back on PayPal as my payment method, because over the years I had used PayPal 5 times before to set up Payment info, including for my Main, but I had later changed my main to VISA to make one purchase. But today, they finally let me change it back to Pay Pal, no problem at all.

Kudos to whoever at the Lab finally fixed the payment method registration! This is GREAT!

(See? When LL does something right, I'm happy to give credit where credit is due.)

Also note, this doesn't seem to be rolled out to all accounts yet. I just tried to update one of my newest alts, and got the older page, that doesn't have the new options. But be patient, and I think this will get rolled out for all of us. I suspect these are the same expanded set of options they piloted in non-US accounts recently, fine-tuned for payment methods that work in the USA.

(Edited to add: In fact, I can only see this new method with my main account? This is odd, as I have several alts, and many of them also had payment info used status, so I see no reason why my main account gets the new method, and not others. Maybe because I am in the Solution Providers program with my Main?)

• 2 months later...

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Draco Gumbo wrote:

I'm sorry, but is this new? I thought all those were in place for some time?

They did it for Non-US accounts a while back, when they introduced a new third party payment processor. But in America, we only had the ability to have one payment method filed, and used for any payment types.

I am so behind I just noticed this today and it really rocks!

USA USA USA!11

oh wait..

shuffles in embarrassed manner

Most of SL is not USA. When will everyone have all these options and LL does not impede people desperately trying to hand them cash? (I.e.; there is no law against gift cards. Please LL tell the US Guv to take a long walk on a short pier and the US guv fund their investigations and go through actual due process in accordance with the US Constitution and LL start taking gift cards again. In fact we need to see L$ cards at walmart and publix.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.