rigged mesh parts get separated

Mari Plassitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mari Plassitz wrote:

Here's what it looks like in Blender.

9102011.png

But when I upload to SL, here's what I get.

9102011_2.png

The arm and collar gets separated from the torso part.

The arm part and the torso part is one object, and the collar is a different object.

9102011_3.png

Please tell me what the problem is.

You might want to make sure that all the polygons in your mesh were actually assigned to a group. I've had meshes become broken like that in Poser when polygons weren't completely assigned to a group. As I've mentioned, elsewhere, I don't use Blender, so I'm not familiar with how to go about checking such things with it. But I've used a program called UVMapper. If you import your mesh's .OBJ file into UVMapper, then color the resulting UVMap according to groups, you'll be able to better see if some polygons were missed in your initial group assignments.

http://www.uvmapper.com/

UVMapper Classic is the free version of the software. That's what I currently use.

I just recalled an incident that also produced broken meshes: http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?21966-That-Darn-Thumb!&p=224103#post224103

I had everything properly grouped and such, but for whatever reason, i couldn't get the thumb in the mesh to move properly. Turns out there's another aspect to getting a mesh to properly conform to another mesh--which is essentially what people seem to be doing when making mesh clothing for the standard avies--the joint structure. I don't know if you have something like a joint editor in Blender, though. You'll have to check.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.