The Spider Mite Project

Undertakers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My real life friend's nephew died recently. His Facebook lives on !

I've got goosebumps.

But am I missing something here? Because if you choose to bury your avatar over on Bristow sim, as Linden Lab dies, so will the graveyard, and no one will be remembered, except by good friends who knew them in real life also.

ah see the video gave me the opposite idea (let your avatar gain immortality by signing up, when you die we turn your account over to someone else who continues on as you) I'd only sign up for that if I be allowed to choose my successor and IM them each night "good night, I'll most likely kill you in the morning"

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

:matte-motes-confused:

As far as I can tell, you pay to have your avatar's name put on the "R.I.P." page on the website, nothing more.

Pretty much by the looks of it.

Nice attempt at making a quick buck I guess, and I'm sure some will go for it. All seems completely pointless to me though!

The Spider Mite Project provides a service for people who are not partizipating in Second Life anymore.

So they can end with SL in an innovative way and their partizipaction will be dignified forever on our website.

Residents who are still active kann leave an eternal mark so that their partizipation is recognized as well.

Undertakers wrote:

The Spider Mite Project provides a service for people who are not partizipating in Second Life anymore.

So they can end with SL in an innovative way and their partizipaction will be dignified forever on our website.

Residents who are still active kann leave an eternal mark so that their partizipation is recognized as well.

Do you truly expect your website to exist eternally? I suspect SL will outlive it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.