Frrestorm beta has Mesh now

Ceera Murakami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They admit it is as buggy as all hell, dumping a metric **bleep**load of snark on the LL code as they do so. Also, they haven't yet implemented Mesh uploading. So I shall carry on using Kirstens for that.

It's usable, has a decent frame rate, and is definitely worth trying out. I infer that if the bugs are in the LL code, we're not going to avoid them by switching Viewer, if we want to see Mesh. 

Hummm. Yes, in version 3.0.1.22525, it hasn't got the upload mesh code all the way implemented yet. I see I can only get as far as calculating the weights and upload fees, but that calculation fails to work, with a message stating it isn't implemented yet, and so I can't get past that point to an upload button.

Still, it will allow people who just want to see and use existing mesh stuff to do so. I was able to rez a mesh doorway that I had already uploaded in V3.0, and had added scripts to, and it worked fine, and rezzed almost instantly.

The reason it does not have upload is LL is using a proprietary "convex hull" routine.  Convex hull is the default physics shape that wraps the 3d model you are uploading with no dimples or holes.  So someone needs to find or write a convex hull routine that is open source, or content creators will just have to use an official viewer for uploading.

Firestorm works for me much faster than the LL V3. I got no Issues til now.

Hope they will bring soon the Mesh uploading feature. Is a bit boring to change the viewer all the time :matte-motes-yawn:

But the LL V3 is so slow for me, so I´m faster when changing the viewer while working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.