why are under 18's not aloud in moderate Sims i am 17 years old and i believe i am old enough

Jessie1994

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I belive that poeple of my age are cable of being in moderate sims also with the large mogority of sims being moderate i think it is hard to maintain a balence secound life with meny of my secound life friends. though i  am not sure of this i also think it is the default setting for sims meaning meny sims what would generally but aloud to be in the general rating are being put in to the moderate lessening the amount of places poeple under aged can not enter.

i understand that alowing people under the age of may be 15 would not be truely a grate idear as not every one wishes to put up with children though i blive poeple who are ageing towards the later teen years would be cable of being with in the moderate sims. 

thank you for you time.

16 answers to this question

The moderate-rated sims are full of old fogeys. They moan all day and into the night about their aching arthritic muscles and stress incontinence. Do you really really  want to get in with that ?

Seriously, you might believe you're old enough, but Linden Lab have to adhere to certain rules and regulations regarding content when dealing with "minors", which, unfortunately, in a lot of countries, people under 18 are.  (In some countries it is 21, so be grateful you will be able to access these sims next year, and not have to wait another three years.)

However, if it were me running Second Life, I wouldn't allow anyone under 25 access. You should all be out with the 3D people, getting drunk, going to theatres, while you're still young and fit enough to enjoy being able to (/me pulls a really peculiar face here - like a tut tut and lemon lips).

Edited to add: Welcome to Second Life Answers, Jessie.

• Like 1

There are no Lindens here .... just residents like you.  All we can tell you is that 18 is the rule.  If you are under 18, you can only visit sims that are rated G.  We couldn't do anything about that if we wanted to (and most of us don't).  If you want to argue for a change, the best way is to file a JIRA report (at http://jira.secondlife.com).  Check first to see that there isn't already one on that same topic.

• Like 2

All 17 year olds think they are grown up, so do the 16 year olds and the 15 year olds lol

You might think you have a valid arguement, but I would suggest you try it out in a RL situation & see how far you get with it there.

"Its ok officer, I can drink/vote/drive etc. etc. the laws weren`t written for me, they are just for all them other 17 year olds" LMAO.gif

I walked into a cafe up in Cumbria with my boyfriend a few years ago, and got turned away at the door for being too young. It wasn't a licenced cafe, but it was for the over-55s and I was in my late-30s at the time. I was really disappointed, because the cakes in the window looked soooo divine, and I am sure I could have managed one or two. Why didn't they let me in, why why why?

Because before the teens were permitted on the mainland, people were allowed to be naked out in public or in their own parcels.  As part of the teen grid closing, land use was restricted so that PG was no nudity and no sex, and Mature could still have nudity.  To protect your virgin eyes the lab has to restrict you to PG areas so you won't see anything that would get the lab into legal trouble.

Besides, if you want to see nudity, just cam across any PG border into M and look inside people's homes.  It's courteous to offer some L to the home owner for the land costs after the sex show is finished, mind you.  Oh, you mean the lab and the users aren't really protected after all?  Hmm.   You know, you're right.  And I seem to remember hearing other people say that about this same time last year too.  Now who was it that said that?  Oh well, it'll come to me later.

SL is a virtual world where every user can do anything, be anything, and there are no consequences.  Some people will therefore not behave just like they do in RL, chosing instead to be hookers, dragons, other sexes, farm animals, and so on and on.  Since the lab has no way of guaranteeing that you won't see the odd schlong or loose nipple someone may have visible on Mature, they simple ban those from PG entirely and restrict you minors (and legally you are minors - deal with it) to those areas.  This has no chance of working as we told LL when they came up with this **bleep** and bull answer to a serious problem.  But that's the way the world is today, so relax and wait a little while -- you'll be 18 before you know it and can then verify and see anything you want -- which isn't a whole lot more than you are already able to watch.

I agree with you, I think that this is freaking idiotic. General is like, baby crap. Moderate should be open to people who verify themselves to be of the age of 16 or 17 via their drivers license or their birth certificate. My friends are almost always in moderate Sims. Not to mention the fact that I could list right now at least 50 people that are under the age of 18 but have accounts that say they are so they can visit moderate Sims. Cheating the system is more than easy, it's just that my current account has just so many things that I use as a builder/scripter/sculpter/animator/texturemaker/soundmaker, that it would take a freaking year for me to transfer everything, from my builds, scripts, textures, sounds and animations, along with everything else. Linden Labs really is blind to the whole situation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.