Why is this happening??! Permissions changed???

Jacki Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems everything in my inventory has changed permissions. I guess that's what you would call it. There is a forsale setting and I can set anything to sale with it. Even items I know have never been like this.

This is scary in the wrong hands. Setting to copy and selling? What's up with this anyone else heard of this? Hope it's back to normal soon!

Well here's the thing. V3 looks a lot different in edit than I'm used to. The next owner has a check mark next to transfer but it's greyed out.

You can set a price and yes my alt bought it from me. I thought transfer meant you could pass it to someone, not sell it.

Guess it is a false alarm but it still doesn't seem right :smileyindifferent:

Also, not everything I have I can do this with. It just happen to be most of the items are the same seller but not all. Weird

I'll stfu now.

Sorry for panicking

Just to clarify, no transfer means that the object cannot be transferred to a new owner, that would include by selling, giving away or even deeding.

It is also possible for an object to have mixed permissions, if it has items in the prim contents that have different permissions from the prims themselves. So you could have an object that is moddable with a  no mod script in it & it would "appear" to be no mod, but you can infact mod the prims. You can even have an object that is transfer with a no transfer script in it & when you give it away the script does not transfer and its broken for the next person.

So basically you can`t always tell the "real" permissions of an object  just by looking at what it says in your inventory, you need to actually rezz it to see what the deal is.

Glad your items aren`t broken afterall though. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.