All moving waters in the sim are frozen: waves,waterfalls, swimming pools. Why?

Lexa Avedon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Waves that I placed on the beachfront of my parcel have suddenly frozen and have remained motionless ever since.  I've noticed that all moving prim waters in the sim appear frozen, too.  All swimming pool water, waterfalls, hot tub water and waves that aren't original Linden ocean appear motionless, too. 

How do I correct this?   Is it related to Viewer 3.0?   

3 answers to this question

Have you tried teleporting to other regions to check out the water there (look for places that sell waterfalls and waves).  If they appear to be still to you, it may be your Viewer 3.

Also, you could try teleporting a few people over to your land who are on other viewers and see what they see.  If other users also see still waters, then it sounds like your region could do with a restart.

I'd certainly be interested to see the outcome of this, so please do update by editing your original post (click on "options", top right hand corner of your original post and just please add more information to it).

• Like 1

OK so I just tried login in with V3. I have no issue with waters (cascades, swimming pool, ect) (except moutains don't reflect on the sea as they should). So Marigold may be right: your region might just need to be restarted to reactivate the scripts. If you live in a private region, contact the owner and ask for a restart. If this is mainland, you may have to wait until the next rolling restart.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.