No second life viewer except beta 2 of Firestorm will open

Kekken Biberman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have uninstalled all SL viewers, updated graphics card, updated Windows (WIndows 7 x64).

My system specs are WELL above what is required in all fields.

The window does not open, the process only stays in the process manager for a few seconds then disappears. I have deleted settings, re-installed multiple times, attempted to run with administrator mode, compatability mode, and I've even tried deleting a reported DLL in the install associated with joysticks that may have caused the problem (It didn't help, and a re-install replaced the file anyway)

Every viewer I have tried, the normal SL client, beta, snowglobe, and the new beta 3 of firestorm will not open, only the beta 2 of Firestorm will open on my machine.

I am now at a loss as to what to do. I am entirely unable to open the program, the 'VFS' thing some people have reported does not occur - as the window never actually appears on the program bar at the bottom of the screen.

1 answer to this question

Duplicate post

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Second-life-will-not-open/m-p/1086929

Perhaps you should edit your original post on the link and continue asking for assistance there.  We are all residents here.  If we cannot help you, you should probably file a ticket.  If you are a premium member, you could also try Live Chat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.