Why so many hurdles to climb to enjoy?`-Billing-

Jadair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I merely tried to enter my credit card to buy some currency. Now it is pending since yestersay.

No other website ever made problems with my credit card, why does second life do? "Update Pending" it says. reentering my data as suggested lets it fail. 

This is frustrating. I try to become a member if this society, not look like a level 1 character, and you wont let me?

Why is SL so restrictive?

I played other online games, and never ever had a problem with not getting my payment data accepted.

Is this one more excluse, or does the maker of this game just is inable to give correct support?

Know what?  Im about to turn on the heel and go.

Thanks for making this game so difficult to even start with.

Jad

2 answers to this question

Welcome to SL and the forum.  Other residents try to help you with issues here.  It is unfortunate you are frustrated.

Do not turn away so quickly.  Normally, the credit card information can be validated in hours; at most 24 hours.  More than that and you could contact Billing here.

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Jadair wrote:

I merely tried to enter my credit card to buy some currency. Now it is pending since yestersay.

It's free to use SL and there are plenty of quality free items in-world so don't bother paying until you've settled-in, if ever.

Jadair wrote:

No other website ever made problems with my credit card, why does second life do? "Update Pending" it says. reentering my data as suggested lets it fail. 

I'm with you there.  Apart from being too poor to pay for SL if I wanted to they really do seem to make it harder than anywhere else.

Jadair wrote:

This is frustrating. I try to become a member if this society, not look like a level 1 character, and you wont let me?

Jad

It's not ME!  Or any other resident, who are the people you are addressing here.  If you want answers from Linden Lab you'll have to try contacting them.  Good luck with that.

Jadair wrote:

Why is SL so restrictive?

Jad

The general consensus of opinion is that it's because LL are a bunch of jerks who'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.  Beyond that your guess is as good as anyone's.

Jadair wrote:

Is this one more excluse, or does the maker of this game just is inable to give correct support?

Jad

No, it's not exclusive at all (it's free remember!).  Support is practically non-existent though.  In-world there are resident groups that help new people and if you ever suceed in paying to be a premium member LL will give you some limited support but mostly you're on your own.  The good news is that once you manage to get connected, find out how to buy things and how to use the viewer software (none of which really has any LL help available) then the rest is comparatively easy.

Jadair wrote:

Know what?  Im about to turn on the heel and go.

Jad

That's ok.  If you're giving up already, because of something that isn't even required, you probably wouldn't have enjoyed trying to find out how to get out of 'Basic Mode' (which there is actually LL help for, but you'll never find it), change clothes, change appearance, buy something on the marketplace, buy something in-world, find something in inventory, unbox an item, etc. etc.

Jadair wrote:

Thanks for making this game so difficult to even start with.

Jad

Believe me, it gets worse.  The funny thing is you learn to live with it, especially for the price.  Did you notice that it's free?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.