Hi, I've been getting a message saying SL can't connect to host or something when I try to log in.

gomorran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So this message comes up: 

"Login failed.

DNS could not resolve the host name.

Please verify that you can connect to the www.secondlife.com website. If you can, but continue to receive this error, please go to the support section and report this problem.

So... I have no idea what's going on; I just downloaded the program, and I tried downloading an older version as indicated by one of these questions but the viewer just told me it had to update to run. 

Can someone please help? I have a Mac, I'm running Snow Leopard, and I can't do the internet reset thing because it's my landlord's internet (though I've tried logging on with another internet connection somewhere else and this also didn't work, so...) 

Thanks!! 

EDIT - I can't actually restart my wireless router because it's not mine, it's my landlord's. Would moving to a different internet connection to try this work then? Because I don't think adding those codes has resolved the problem so far, but thank you so much for the help! 

4 answers to this question

I am having the same issue.

I am running off windows vista on the latest download.

I was logged in last night until midnight when someone in one of the shops started grieffing causing continual crashing. I gave up and just stayed logged off. This morning I try to log in and get the DNS error message. I have reinstalled SL, restarted router, flushed dns and tried every suggest I can find for the last 8 hours. Still having this issue. Any other suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.