Where to market products without a store front

JT Hamelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In-world lets people get a good look at it, but the volume of people who will actually look at it in-world is pretty small.

Get it into a magic box, preferably on land not advertised for prim rental, and list it on the Second Life Marketplace.

If you price it low enough, you're bound to sell quite a few.

You could find some good furniture/decorating blogs, talk to the owners and offer review packs for them to critique and present to their readers. This is a great way to promote your brand, and takes time but no money. Then perhaps create your own store blog, share links with others, and have it accepted into relevant feeds. Most creators would use this coverage to promote their inworld mainstore, but you could use it to connect to your marketplace storefront if this is how you plan to do things.

No, there are no public places. Everyone here has to pay for their land unless someone just wants to give them free prims.

JT Hamelin wrote:

Basically asking how to sell. If there are public places where I can display my items for little to nothing. Once people get to know my products, they will know my business, and thus my sales will go up.

You need to work on your skills. If you make furniture you really need to work on your textures and learn how to make sculpted parts. You need to look at what is out there already and then do better or equal quality at a lower price. In my honest opinion, no amount of marketing is going to work for you at this stage.

JT Hamelin wrote:

Working on that one. My next one is quite nice (if I may say so myself). It even has a script included. Thanks for the advice though. I'm going on a one product per day for the next 30 days. When I reach 30 products I'll give it a rest for a while.

Personally I would avoid these deadlines, they will lead you to make several products quickly, but if those products fall down on quality because you didnt put enough effort into creating them, your time will have been wasted and they are unlikely to lead to repeat custom.

Decide what you are going to make, check out the Marketplace for competing products, and make yours better, NOT CHEAPER as others have suggested, the only time a product here needs to be cheap to sell is when it has no other redeeming qualities, few customers here will use price as the deciding factor when they make a purchase, customers like the coolest, most attractive products, not necessarily the cheapest.

There are lots of ways to improve your offering without lowering the price. For furniture for instance, I have seen some great and unusual poses for seating (wish I could remember the creator), invest in some, you will be using them over and over, offer a colour/texture change menu or package a range of colours together, you can add MLP love/sex animations at no extra cost to you, 'Beautiful Oak Table' might sell, but 'Beautiful Oak table with 100 love animations'  will probably sell better.

30 Products is a good start if you want to have a bit of fun creating and running a store, and maybe make a bit to cover your tier, if on the other hand you are serious about making some real money that you can cash out and pay your RL rent with, then you should forget about taking a rest until you have about 300 products, then you can have a weekend off : )

Know any blogs in particular which would review a pager/doorbell? I've added it to my line of products. It's a freely copyable so the user can make as many as they want. It's also turns colors when the the patron clicks it to page you. Red if you're not online and green if you are, but it remains gray until then for privacy. This is just version 2 though. I plan on putting a ton of things in V3, but I would really love if someone could review it on their blog.

Thanks fo the advice. I am just doing the 30 days thing to allow myself to expirience programming in LSL. It's all fun and games (game) for me. :-) I just lowered the price of my furniture, but now, I think I'm going to keep it as it was. I had it that way because I expressed myself in it. Again, thanks for the advice. Always better to lose a little business than to sell it short.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.