Viewer 2-3 still broken on Mac

Protogenes Ewing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am still unable to use Viewer 2 and 3 on my mac after 3 months.

As a paying customer, I find this situation unacceptable.

LL's advice:

Clear cache: doesn't work

Reinstall Second Life: doesn't work

Login to new location: doesn't work

Try to get an answer from LL after 3 months: doesn't work

The reputation for poor customer service is well desevered.

Hi protogenes. Could you write down your mac specs? I'm using viewer 3 and the latest beta now and it works fine in my mid 2010 macbookpro version 10.6.8 2.66 GHz inter core 2 duo with 4gb memory.

In fairness to the latest beta, I'm having a very decent fps like 40-50 in not so crowded sim and 15-20 fps in a crowded place like clubs (in HIGH graphics setting and atmospheric shaders ENABLED).

Unfortunately the shadows and lighting is still broken in mac. You can enable evrything even the ambient occlussion and the DOF but you gonna loose all the alpha texture and the anti aliasing even it's set to 16x. I hope they'll fix that soon. 

Have you updated your software? the lates is 10.6.8

*Also disable or uncheck the VBO in your graphics settings.

OS X 10.6.8

2.4 GHz core 2 duo

4 GB Ram

I can't get past "downloading clothing", when I'm told "my region may be experiencing problems, or check my internet connection"

"My" region.."My" connection. Never admitting the problem its their's, not mine.

Both excuses from LL are nonsense as I am able to login using viewer 1.23.5.136262 with no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't work

I'm amazed at this

Even the latest FireStorm doesn't work  now on Mac (but works fine if I reboot as windows) on Macbook Pro

late 2010

Core i5

4 GB ram

Nvidia g330

I wonder what the lindens use for testing? and how they can ignore such problems from their users

• 2 weeks later...

having same problem.... so frustrating.  i haven't been on sl for about 6 months after a 5 year stint in sl... now i know why i left

I tried using latest 2 viewers and then downloaded 1_23 and it didn't work with a one name avatar... until i found the 'resident' as last name fix... wow, can't imagine how the 20 students are going to fare with this!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i'm a mac user too, i can't see my contacts names or my complete avatar and just part of my clothes, i can't take TP or send IM, same problem with both SL2-3 and new released Firestorm, even Phoenix hides my inventory stuff and runs so slow, only Imprudence works.

• 8 months later...

I am a MacBook Pro user.. i am on mountin lion.. this laptop isnt mine .. my laptop was hacked so i got this one instead (by a friend) and i dont have the ability to change the settings but i DID download sl and i only played it once .. so im a noob .. and i played for 16 hours straight (with brakes) and i come to enjoy the game and want to play more and i have many friends their and a family ,, so i start sl.. and wait and wait and wait wile that beachball spins ... and nothing happens and i have read manye articles on people who have problems of their own .. i possibly read more the the fixers did sense i now know the stuff you guys are facing .. and they dont.. and come to realize that sl has been on from 2003 and yet no fixes that effected us (Mac owners). so i asked myself why?... and i am not mad.. i am actually calm.. but i really miss sl .. and want to play with it as soon as possible. i am using sl viewer 2.. pleaseeeeeee help me i miss playing the game i enjoy.

Love,

M1ke2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.