Wedding Gifts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know your friend better than anyone posting here, I would guess.  Have you asked them if there is anything they need or want?  You could buy them a night's stay at a resort if they would like that sort of thing.  You could gift them a hot air balloon so they could take rides together.

Here is an example of one you can find on Marketplace

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Terra-Kojima-Cirrus-balloon-by-Cubey-Terra-and-Reitsuki-Kojima/36836

Depending on the relationship I have with someone, these are some of my favorite things to gift...(and obviously they will also depend on the person you are gifting,their likes and dislikes, available prims(lol) and such)

My first and foremost favorite thing to do, is create something. It could be anything from a gorgeous potted plant, to a simple card with a heartfelt message. This is always my first option. But on the occasions I've bought things, this is what I go for..

For someone with a home-furniture, decor(wall art,statues, knick knacks and such), if they're into the more adult side of sl-furniture/decor appropriate for them, a game(sl has tons), a well made and heartfelt card they can display, a mud pit or some other sort of fun "gag" gift or other juvenile thing we've enjoyed-or I know they enjoy, other sim decor, builder's things, heck I bought a friend a house she'd had her eye on once.

For someone without a home-gift cards, straight lindens(if I know they need it, lol), jewelry, a well made and heartfelt card, a nice night at some romantic getaway for the couple somewhere in sl(loads of great places), builder's packs(for friends that build anyway)

Unlike rl, kitchenware isn't gifted nearly as often, or linens. But you might even find a nifty gadget somewhere in sl this person could use greatly. There is a nice couple's thing rendezvous has(couples animator) that I like a lot.(lets us walk hand in hand, fly, he carries me piggy back style, etc..). We use ours all the time, it makes it easier when my system is being stupid, then I don't have to walk :P It's not x rated, no worries. Stuff like that can be lots of fun.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Now I feels bad cuz.... it's common to give gifts at SL weddings?   I thot they was happy if ppls just showed up for the ceremony.

I wouldn't, and didn't, ask for gifts. Actually, no one that I know has ever actually asked for them.(and god help the first person who does tell me they expect one...I can be a very creative builder when I want to, a very not nice one at that)

But personally, I like giving gifts. Even when someone tells me not to. That's why I do it. Not because it's expected of me, just becausse I enjoy it. I'm the same way in real life though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.