Potential Content Theft?

Mirage Cyberstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have come across a store on the marketplace that I am pretty sure has stolen content from a major designer, down to the product name and everything. I looked up the marketplace store owner and they have one little line of very badly mispelled text and no profile picture. This store has had multiple reviews raving about the quality- well no kidding, it's clearly this other designer's!!

I'm just not sure I want to call this person out publically- because if I'm somehow wrong(I don't think i am), that would be the wrong thing to do. And is it even up to me to report content theft? Should I contact the designer I believe they are copying?

These people even linked to a Torley flickr picture of these products at the ORIGINAL designer's store. Yet it's clear this person is not the original designer.

What should I do?

Complicating the issue is that the designer in question is Armidi. Contacting anyone at Armidi has pretty difficult since their we're-closing-oh-guess-not-just-going-to-poof thing they pulled last year.

Is anyone up on what happened to those people? I tried to go to shoparmidi.com but I no longer have the av that had an account there and they don't have kiosks in world to register an account. Thus making a copyright report impossible.

I love Armidi and feel sick that someone's so clearly ripping them off, I'm just not sure which direction to go in.

The person who is the original owner who's being stolen from is the only one who can do anything about content theft on the Internet.  If they choose to be difficult to contact then it's their fault if the theft continues..........I wouldn't worry about them at all. 

What I would do is not purchase any items from the suspected thief.  Two reasons.  First, I won't knowingly support a thief.  Second, should a DMCA take down be filed, all those items I purchased would be removed from my inventory.

Venus- they ask you to verify your av at a kiosk in world and then say there are no kiosks. After looking into it some more, it's entirely likely it's London's stuff. And yeah, none of them can be contacted for some reason. So I guess this issue's dead in the water. Sad... and hope they aren't getting ripped off.

Rabid Cheetah wrote:

>>> should a DMCA take down be filed, all those items I purchased would be removed from my inventory.

Does LL refund your money in a case such as this?

No.

If LL removes an item from your inventory, they place another object in its place as a marker called "REPLACEMENT" & they send you an email saying what they did. You can just delete the replacements, they are no good for anything & you need to contact the person you paid your money to to get a refund, but don`t hold your breath on getting one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.