Sign in to follow this  
Myra Wildmist

Environ Settings: Why would I want to customize, if...?

I'm looking at the environment settings. I'm just curious, why would I want to customize my settings if their not visible to other users? I feel I must be missing something obvious...

Thanks

They can be visible to other users in Phoenix by adding a line to the land description.  However, this takes away your land description which is not good if you need that to drive traffic.

I cycle through the day settings to see how land will look at various parts of the day.  I also set to always be midday if I'm building, so that I don't have to try to squint to see in the dark.  Playing with what renders and what doesn't is also fun, and ca nbe used for pictures, or to "remove" a tree on another property that is blocking the view of the object you're trying to edit.

Also, to my understanding, estate owners CAN set the environment settings that will show to visitors to their land.  I don't know this for sure, so if someone would be kind enough to give me a thousand bucks, plus another 200 every month, I'll be glad to check it out.  :womanvery-happy: