Bed menu doesn't work on this avatar

AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar can't use any bed. I have switched beds twice and tried floor samples in many stores. She doesn't have any problems with chairs, tables, inner tubes etc. Just seems to be beds of any kind. Is this because of the "skin" she is wearing and if so could you recommend a skin that is item menu friendly. I am new to SL and trying to keep up with this very complicated by totally engaging game.

Thank you in advance for your help

2 answers to this question

Hi Alexa,

The skin is not going to affect the bed animations. The skin is just that, a skin that covers your body's shape.

What can interfere with animations though, are animation overriders, AO's. AO's are just that, they override the default animations. They are what we wear to make us walk, fly, swim, etc without using the default animations built into the game. So, if you try to use an animation and your AO is set to a higher priority than the animation you are trying to use, the AO wins. Also, most types of animations that make your avatar do something, like cuddle or what not, ask for permission to be allowed to do so.

So, two things to try. If you click on a bed to use it and it asks if its ok to animate your avatar, click yes. If you still aren't being animated, turn off or remove your ao, turning it off is usually enough. Keep in mind some shoes and other attachments come with AO's built into them, but you would probably be aware of it if that was the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.